Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #1

1976 Argosy 28
San Clemente , California
1976 28' Argosy - move bathroom from back to side

Hi there //

New here and about to get my hands on my first airstream to renovate.

I'm wondering about moving the bathroom from the back to the side. Anyone else done this? Am I crazy?!

I want a king size bed in there and I couldn't seem to configure any other way to do that other than shift the bathroom.

Thanks!

P.S. This is rough [the windows might not be in the exact right places] as I only got out to see it once before I have it in my possession and I used a 30' 1976 Argosy outline from a manual we found online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 9.12.59 AM.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	352557  
kerryshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:44 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Airstream - Other
Knoxville , TN
It is do-able, they where offered in that layout from the factory. The biggest hurdle is getting a shower pan to fit. You will of course have to completely redo all the plumbing layout as well. Good luck and post pictures.
Eric 26 Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:53 AM   #3
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
First question you need to answer is what your are trying to achieve? Do you want to keep it original just install the center bath version? Are you remodeling?

'Moving' a bathroom also allows you the chance to 'change' a bathroom. Requirements around a 1970's bathroom are very different from modern day, and changing from a separate bath/shower, toilet, basin to a wetroom takes up substantially less space. Just keep in mind the old bathroom includes the tanks, so you are effectively moving a large proportion of the infrastructure that goes with the bathroom; not easy when you are considering moving tanks to the same location as the wheel wells. So it is very important that your floor plan includes the fixed elements you need to move, and the other elements (wheel wells, water heater, furnace, fridge etc) that you aren't intending moving. Very quickly a 'move' becomes changing everything - it really isn't ever a blank canvas.

IMHO its why so many trailers are sold 'gutted ready for your vision', that basically means the sellers vision wasn't achievable (sometimes practically, sometimes because it was beyond their skill, or sometimes beyond their budget).
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote