Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #1

Indianapolis , Indiana
Post 1975 Argosy Owners Manual

My husband purchased our Argosy earlier this year off a family. We are in need of an owner's manual or atleast a copy of one. Any idea's of how or where to find this?.. We are updateing this one but it's in great shape.. Also need new twin bed mattresses and sofa cushions.. Any thoughts on those??.. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Debby
DebbyD42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hello Debby -- and a hearty welcome to the Forums!

I bought standard RV twins from Camping World and they fit in my Argosy just fine. Maybe shop with your measurements in hand but I'm suspecting you'll find what you want.

Sofa cushions? Do you have the original? The seat & back have fabric continued across the junction so that Junior won't slip between them if used for a bed. If so I would recommend taking them to an upholstery shop. We had them make up new foam and everything. Our '74 had an upholstered arm rest along one side. I disassembled that and took those pieces too. It turned out great -- except that it cost something over $400.

Hmm... now for the manual. The stock answer is, "If you are looking for manuals, you can get reproductions from Helen Davis at Secretarial Services, PO Box 484, Sidney, OH 45365 (937) 492-8885." Argosy was an Airstream product (see the orange badge next to your door!) but made at a different plant - Versailles, OH. It'd be interesting if Jackson Center maintains Argosy manuals. I do have my '74 manual and doubt there is much difference, but the spine is simple glued paper and I haven't had the heart to flatten it out on a scanner to reproduce it. Let me know if Airstream doesn't have it. I could set up to photograph my manual pages (same jpeg files as a scanner) and make it up on CD, but that'd be a winter project... If you're interested in more specific info or data right away (GVWR, tank capacities, etc), please let me know.

Have you seen Overlander64's Argosy brochures. That is always interesting.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1975 28' Argosy 28
Homewood , Alabama
Manual for Argosy

I just bought my Argosy June 1St. I would be interested in knowing where to get a manual also. Been working on mine since I bought it everyday after work. What a job! Good luck with your search and let me know what you find out! I am taking a break from the HEAT right now!

1975 Argosy 28D (work in progress!)
RVnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
Geezer

1991 25' Excella
Sapulpa , Oklahoma
Manual

I have a 1976 24'. You can purchase a manual from a secretarial service in Jackson Center Ohio. I purchased the shop manual and was disappointed. Both manuals are difficult to read and the diagrams are impossible. Although I think one needs the users manual I am not as sure the shop manual will be useful.

Airstream.com has the address. Search for Manuals.

Good Luck

We love our argosy. Be prepared to work. We have redone and cleaned ours.
LRPorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 01:34 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
El Paso , Texas
We are in the process of fixing up our recently acquired (and neglected) 1976 Argosy Motorhome. This weekend's project will be a thorough reworking of the leaky plumbing around the tank, water heater and pump (in pex). I checked the Airstream web page for manuals and don't see anything for that year. Might someone have a good lead on how to obtain manuals for it?

Thanks, Eric (& Susan & Peter)
Eric F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:59 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 24
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
We are in the process of fixing up our recently acquired (and neglected) 1976 Argosy Motorhome. This weekend's project will be a thorough reworking of the leaky plumbing around the tank, water heater and pump (in pex). I checked the Airstream web page for manuals and don't see anything for that year. Might someone have a good lead on how to obtain manuals for it?

Thanks, Eric (& Susan & Peter)
I haven't purchased from this source, but just recently came across it... seems to be officially related to Airstream: https://airstreamsupplycompany.com/p...ner-manuals-2/

EDIT: just noticed you said motorhome, which is this link