Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #1

1972 Argosy 20
Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
1972 Argosy 20' for sale in Michigan

I own a 1972 Airstream Argosy 20' - Seeing if there is any interest out there in buying my vintage travel trailer. It's located in Grand Rapids MI. This is the first year they made the Argosy Vin#20D2V0390. The 20' aren't that easy to find, not sure how many they made, this is #390. I have seem some restored for $10,000. Of course I don't have a restored trailer, but just to let you know what some people get restored.

I don't need to sell it, but if someone offers me the right price, I'll let it go. Picture is from my cell phone, so all I have at the moment. I did have the cushions recovered last year. Shower isn't there, no awning, Missing front curtains. As far as I know everything else is intact.

Thank you for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00274 (1).jpg
Views:	390
Size:	396.8 KB
ID:	111357  
Old 09-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
x

XXXX , XXXX
Yours needs shower, awning, paint, axle, curtains and probably a lot more.
Here is a similar one to give you an idea of what it's worth.

ARGOSY 24' 1973 - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #3

1972 Argosy 20
Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
I did see that one on here. That one is in really rough shape! My axle is fine, I pull it and use the trailer every summer. I have had the trailer for 10 years. Yes, it will likely need more then I listed, since I never used any of it's features, heater, plumbing, stove, refrig, black or gray tanks. etc. They may work or not, I guess I really should have someone more handy then me come check it out, or take it to a service dealer. Really the only thing I've used is the electric. I would state it's condition as "good", so better than fair . I will try to get some pictures taken this weekend. I appreciate your input! Thank you.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
x

XXXX , XXXX
I beg to differ on the axle. the trailer is sitting very low and after 38 years the rubber torsion rods have bottomed out. You no longer have any suspension left. Direct bolt in replacements are $750 and will raise the trailer 3 or more inches and give you plenty of travel to cushion the trailer from the bumps of the road.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
JArgosy
You would probably be best advised to list this somewhere else.
There are too many knowledgeable folks on this forum that know the value of yours and similar condition trailers.
My suggestion is to keep it if you dont need to sell it because my belief is that what you consider the "right price" will be way more than its actual value.
Personally, I would offer maybe $800.00 but after seeing it probably $500.00 and only then if it had a screen door in good condition, thats all I need right now. Then I would just strip it of parts and keep or sell separately
FWIW

Bex

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #6

FRANKENMUTH , Michigan
How much you asking? I'd maybe take it for $500. A lot of work needs done to it. Can you post more pics please?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #7

FRANKENMUTH , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JArgosy View Post
I own a 1972 Airstream Argosy 20' - Seeing if there is any interest out there in buying my vintage travel trailer. It's located in Grand Rapids MI. This is the first year they made the Argosy Vin#20D2V0390. The 20' aren't that easy to find, not sure how many they made, this is #390. I have seem some restored for $10,000. Of course I don't have a restored trailer, but just to let you know what some people get restored.

I don't need to sell it, but if someone offers me the right price, I'll let it go. Picture is from my cell phone, so all I have at the moment. I did have the cushions recovered last year. Shower isn't there, no awning, Missing front curtains. As far as I know everything else is intact.

Thank you for looking.
How much would you take for it? Can you post more pictures please?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #8
x

XXXX , XXXX
007iilden Jargosy is not an active member here. He made the two posts you see here on this thread and has not been back since. The chances that he still has it for sale are slim and even slimmer that he will respond. Just so you know and don't get your hopes up.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #10

Cadmam , Uk
Argosy trailer

Is your argosy still available ? If so could you email me pictures of the inside please? I'm after an argosy 20'.

Cheers

Angel Watson
Urbanempathyuk@gmail.com
Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Milltown , Wisconsin
You do know that this thread is from 2009, and the seller has never posted since then?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #12

1972 Argosy 20
Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
I sold it back in Oct. 2010 for $1,800. I didn't realize this ad was still up, I will delete after you see this reply.
Closed Thread

Tags
argosy, for sale