Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #181
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
The Woodlands , Texas
Well shoot. I was off on my winning bid guesstimate by $8700. Must be losing my touch.

It was fun while it lasted.
Hansom-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #182
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I'm going to garage it with my Deusenberg collection until I get the Deusenberg tow package installed.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #183
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
I'm going to garage it with my Deusenberg collection until I get the Deusenberg tow package installed.

Gene
I think that's an excellent idea. I hope that you have an SJ. The supercharger would be perfect for towing.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #184
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
What an exciting auction! Timeless Travel Trailer, you guys are the cream of the crop and I, for one, would love to see more collaborative work with great American companies. Our personal experience with TTT was phenomenal wherein they were kind enough to spend (an enormous amount of) time with us as we contemplated the renovation of our '54 Flying Cloud...only wish we could swing it!

We watched as the bidding went higher and higher last night and were reminded of the intensity and craziness found at the Barrett-Jackson Auto auctions. Yes, sometimes our hearts get the better of us, in love AND aluminum. Thanks for an entertaining evening!

I doubt that the winning bidder is actually a member of Forums, but if s/he is....we're putting up, at no charge, a professional appraisal performed by a member of the American Society of Appraisers, of your beautiful Airstream if you reside anywhere in California. It would simply be an honor to view your new coach!

Timeless Travel Trailers you are to be commended on a job well executed,
Orvis, thank you for stepping up and allowing another vintage Cloud to be rescued,
and to the new owner(s) of this beautiful coach, congratulations and welcome from the many proud Airstream owners across the States. Our buttons are bursting!
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-llc.com
SilverPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #185

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post

Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post
I think that's an excellent idea. I hope that you have an SJ. The supercharger would be perfect for towing.
I'm not sure you even need the blower, the FC weighs in at about half what a J-model weighed... the FC barely outweighs the Duesie's rolling chassis!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote