Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Airstream "In the News"
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dabeach View Post
As the Moderator, I'm surprised you have not pulled this thread off the site as its intent was political. Isn't it interesting that this thread has been able to recycle to the "Portal" page since yesterday morning? I believe it does not conform to the Airforms guidlines. "Discussion of politics and religion is permitted only in association with the topic of this forum".
The very first post and several others in this thread had a lightly spoken political message. Mod edits always appear with an accompanying narrative at the bottom of the post. It's not great form to allow a thread and censor it right from the start -- defeats the purpose IMO. It speaks well for our membership that not a single post was actually removed from this thread or edited. All looks pretty vanilla to me -- but I'll certainly agree there is a little brickle & jimmies sprinkled on where there shouldn't be. The only reason it has stayed on the portal page is that members have continued to post to the thread on a steady basis since yesterday morning. There is absolutely nothing the all-volunteer mod crew can do to keep threads visible like that.

There have been threads on AIR Forums about Dick Cheney & Laura Bush using the Airstream pods to jet around the world in cabin comfort while in a C-141 or C-17. Recently there was a thread asking why the Google ads used at AIR had a McCain ad -- we can't control Google Ad content. In those cases and in this current one some latitude was given for mild support and jibes at the subject -- from both sides I might add. The Obama subject likewise had some positive inclusion of Palin family pics with an Airstream in the background. Thus one could conclude that we have stayed pretty close to the "within the topic of the forum" guideline. I will say this is about as close as we're going to get on ye olde fence straddle in this election season.

The Air Forums policy issues aren't going to be debated in public threads; anybody should PM a mod if they wish clarifications. I've no doubt that about as much as we want to see has been said on the subject. Therefore the thread is now closed and again I am gratified to have so many Airstream owners and fanciers working cooperatively as a community. Thanks to all for their contributions across AIR every day!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Closed Thread