Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2002, 07:28 PM   #1
andreaszabo

shag me

Well, I bought this 31 footer to rehab...but I have fallen in love with the whole gold/avacado/walnut thing..and...this airstream is so beautifully maintained, that I couldn't gut it. So now I have to get another thing on wheels while I let this prima donna just be herself, himself, itself..whatever....It is so ...of it's time..that I just can't change it. I love to just go hang out in it. I have to replace the awful rust plush with the original gold/yellow shag though...
finally got a new pc and uploaded 'groovy pics'.. I LOVE this airstream!
--andrea
Old 10-26-2002, 07:36 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Pictures please! Sounds sooooo good.
Old 10-26-2002, 07:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Yeah!

Congratulations on your new baby & welcolme to the A/S family! Maybe you could name it "Austin" (Powers)...seriously, it looks like you got a nice original one, I for one LOVE that you will keep it true to the era. Besides, it's kinda back in style!

Shari

P.S. Les, click the "Photos" button....
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 07:38 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
When we bought ours, the previous owners had changed the carpeting to blue. The sofa was blue also, but did LOOK original. However the "puke yellow" counter almost killed the sale for my wife. After I promised to re laminate the counter top, we bought it. Check out my pictures at our sister site, airstreamphotos.com. The blues do not detract from the originality, and match the colors of the truck that pulls it, and this website.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 04:22 AM   #5
andreaszabo

I have uploaded some pics. The one with the tv in it has a chair in the foreground which I found at salvation army for $20 6 years ago. It's a knoll chair from the 70's which looks just like the one in the owners manual. I believe you can always recognize a good design when you can't add anything, noe take anything away without ruining the effect. That's my airstream. Practically perfect in every way.
--andrea
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	forwardtv.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	723  
Old 10-28-2002, 03:26 PM   #6
andreaszabo

brown and orange

I spent some time going over old photos. The brown, orange thing was popular in 1977. so were the huge graphics. Flowers and graphics way out of scale. I have bought some linens that I actually owned at that time from the salvation army and goodwill (what are the odds I'd be buying my stuff back? I can't believe someone else bought them too). If this look comes back it's only cause us boomers have failing eyesight and want pictures in monumental size.
--andrea
Old 10-28-2002, 03:40 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Talking

Congratulations Andrea, it's beautiful!

Our last Airstream was a 1977 31' Sovereign, and I miss it terribly. It was not as original inside as yours is. I commend you on your decision to keep it original.

I grew up in a home that was built in the 1920's. Somehow it missed the remodeling craze of the 1950's. It was unique and special for it's original condition. But in the 50's most people would have "updated" it. The charm would have been lost to us forever.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:24 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Hooked

Andrea,
After reading your first post on this thread, I couldn't help but think, "Another Airstream fanatic hooked". Enjoy your newfound love.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Top | thermopane windows »