RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-13-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Montverde , Florida
Replace AC Drain...Any suggestions?

AC Drain is leaking between the AC drain pan and the bottom of the trailer. I was hoping that it was run loose so that it could be replaced without taking the trailer completely apart. I had planned on coupling the new line to the old line and pulling/pushing it through...Didn't work.

Am I going to have to pull the trailer apart to run a new line?

It is the original AC, can I plug the main drain and allow the water to flow out the 2 side drains until I can install a better solution? Did not want to cause another problem.

Since this is the original AC, should I just bite the bullet and install a new AC that doesn't need a drain?

Thanks for the advice.
la4photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
What kind of AC is it? I just went thru this last week with a Coleman in my Excella. I had a leak in 2 places but managed to get it stopped. My biggest problem was a cracked pan but down below the tube did not clear the hole and I had to put a nipple in it so the water completely exited the drain hole. The city water inlet was also leaking which allowed the water to drain to the front of the belly pan because it was high in the back. I had three leaks which was really frustrating, but fixed all three and now is dry as a bone.
Good luck,
Joe
AirHeadsRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

You could try inserting a smaller tube inside existing tube.
lynn is offline   Reply With Quote