Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
near ichnetucknee springs

1978 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
davie , Florida
repair of rear bathroom sliding doors?

hi all,
we have a 1978 rear bathroom unit and the sliding doors do not want to slide easily. is there any solution to this problem? the one door has a full length mirror on it -- could it be the weight of this mirror causing the problem??
charlie tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
near ichnetucknee springs

1978 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
davie , Florida
answered my own question... this past weekend i was looking at my bathroom sliding door problem --- i should say "none" sliding door as it didn't slide freely. the short side slide was missing it's bottom track and i found it in one of the closets... i drilled some extra holes in it and re-installed it high enough to carry some of the door's weight. it made such a big difference i took a look at the other sliding door's bottom track. it was loose and held in place by only one screw. i held the track up to carry some of the door's weight and had my wife try the door --- it slid easily!! this door is heavy and i decided to cut a block of wood just large enough to fit between the floor and the bottom track. i used an aluminum angle to secure the block to the floor. this cured the problem with both doors. if your doors don't close and open easily -- check out the bottom track support.....
charlie tuna is offline   Reply With Quote