Update 8/15/15, I started the process of polishing our AS a few days ago, and have about 25 hours in so far I'm about 15 - 20 percent. For those who are contemplating this procedure, here are a few items to be aware of.
- Use a good stripping compound and pressure washer to remove the clear coat. "extra time here will save time polishing"
- Remove trim and molding, "the time spent to R&R trim will balance working around it, and will culminate in a better job"
- There a number of things that you will want to do to compliment the hard work of polishing.
- patch or replace damaged skin panels.
- re-caulk windows and seams
- replace missing or damaged molding, and inserts.
- repaint letters and logos
- use a good finish polish to protect your new surface