RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Cedar Bluff , Virginia
BRLeak

I have a leak in the bed room of my mid bath model. When I pulled up the carpet the floor was wet. On all three sides.

Some of the marker light lens are missing. I have read that the lights are a common source of leaks.

The PO told me that he sealed around the rear windows. This might or might not be so.

I have not yet checked the roof. I hope to do this early this week.

What is the best way to track down the leaks.
Airlifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
No good way. You just have to check and seal everything. The marker lights are known for leaking. One of mine was. Leak behind the light where the wire goes into the shell. You basically have to take the light off and seal behind it and around the wires. Roof leaks eventually end up on the floor. The rub rail around the belly pan can leak. If the PO sealed around the rear window I would sure check that area again. I have found small holes in the roof where there is no logical reason for a hole. Look in the compartments at the the rear for water.

Could it be a pipe leak? Lot of plumbing around the area of the water inlet at the rear. Check valve, pressure regulator, Y's, stuff that can leak. Could leak there with either city water hooked up or using the pump. I would pull up all the carpet and the carpet in the compartments and try to dry it out.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote