Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Brooklyn , New York
Bracing and jacking up my aurstream

I've got my airstream parked on my property and I'm planning on keeping it in a pretty static configuration. I was considering trying to brade and jack it somehow.

I've read a few forums where people discuss not trying to support the frame on jacks because of the possibility of bending the frame. Also people say the the axels are designer to support the weight so just leave the weight on the tires, but intuitively I something makes me want to try and support the frame in a more semi-permanent way. Specifically I was thinking about take a few 2x6s and running them down the main support beams ( flay ) then jacking then placing a few screw jacks in various places to support the board.

Any thought on if this would be a bad idea or not?
estock is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search