RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Auburntown , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to cookeville34
Airstream International Serial Number

Hi,
I recently purchased an Airstream from an Estate Auction. I have a bill of sale, but no title. The serial # on the side of the trailer is 131T9JO162. Can anyone give me some info about the trailer, its age, etc? It states on the plate that it is an International Soverign Land Yacht. Its 28-31 feet depending on where you measure from. Email is little_bear@bellsouth.net
cookeville34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #2
Frank S

1973 27' Overlander
peoria , Illinois
Hi cookeville34--You have an International Model, 31 FT, Rear Bath Twin Bed, 1979 Model Year, Mfg in Jackson Center OH, Serial No 0162. This is a nice layout. Hope you enjoy it.--Frank S
Frank S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
cook--- This is not the answer to your question but something you should concider. Also I'm not familar with motor vehicle or licenseing in Tenn. But here in New mexico and many other states a vehicle ,trailer ,auto,etc belongs to the one who HOLDS THE TITLE IN THEIR NAME. A bill of sale mearly proves you paid someone for it. A bill of sale to the Brookland Bridge does not make you owner. There IS a title somewhere lost or other wise. There is a process you can go through to get it assuming someone else is not holding it and that the auction company had the legal right to sell it. The last thing you want to do is spend a lot of money on it and have someone walk up and provide proof that the trailer belongs to them!! In addition you can't license it with out a title in your name. I would not spend a dime on it until you are the LEGAL owner. --pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #4
Riviting Espresso

1978 25' Caravanner
Boca Raton , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ColdEspresso Send a message via Yahoo to ColdEspresso
Here in TN we are not required to have a title on a trailer. The BOS is sufficient. However, when you register it you can pay an extra $10.00 and have a TN title created.
1978 Caravanner
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71
2009 VW Sportwagen TDi
Rancilio Espresso Machine w/ Rocky Grinder
ColdEspresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEspresso
Here in TN we are not required to have a title on a trailer. The BOS is sufficient. However, when you register it you can pay an extra $10.00 and have a TN title created.
Interesting . . . Tennessee didn't give me the option to title or not a couple of months ago with my TW purchased in Georgia. I had to have a notarized BOS and the original, not a copy, of the POs GA registration before they would even talk to me. I didn't even know I was getting a title, but one arrived in the mail today. However, I was told I could tow based on the BOS for 30 days. Cookville, I would call your courthouse and find out what they want before I stood in line. It might save you some time. BTW, congratulations on your purchase! Its good to see another Tennessean with an Airstream.