Itís been four months since my last update but since finishing the windows weíve knocked out electrical, waterproofing I probably went through 25 tubes of caulking. Although I thought I would buy 5 at a time and think those would always be the last I would need lol. Waterproofing was a process and man Iím glad that it rained 5-6 times before I was 100% certain it was leak proof and went ahead with the rock wool insulation. We put the walls back up and last week with the help of my wifeís parents who visited america for the first time from Germany. I guess I needed German engineers to fly 5,000 miles to get the roof up!
I primed them last week, patched the holes, caulked the seams, and added 300 more rivets. All in all the past four month the biggest hurdle for me was definitely the electrical. I wasnít confident in doing it myself and I finally found a buddy who renovated a 1968
in a nearby town. We traded work on each otherís rigs and now I feel like I can wire a rig myself after seeing all he did. Itís an exciting time. Iím missing lots of photos but you can find the past few months on Instagram- @thehowardhighwayhome
Hopefully Iíll have some nice photos in a few days to show off the paint job.