Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Sovereign > 1974 - 1979 Sovereign
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
La Vergne , Tennessee
31 foot Sovereign dilapidated...

Hello,

I own a 31 Foot Airstream Sovereign that hasn't moved for at lease ten years. It's been used as a "park model" for 22-years and is located in a suburban Nashville RV Park.

I want to sell it.

Here is a list of things wrong with it:

The tires are flat.
The original fridge developed an ammonia leak and is long dead.
The current water heater is not an RV model but a 120 volt a.c. five gallon job that fit into the space.
The furnace doesn't work and may need a new control unit.
The AC doesn't work either because it needs refrigerant or the compressor is shot.
And there is a small leak under one of the couch arm rests in the front.
All of the windows are fogged.
And the exterior is dull.

I have no way of moving this trailer even if I could because I sold my truck years ago. and I don't care to invest the money to repair the trailer before I put it up for sale

Soooooooooooooo, based on the "Squawk list" how would you recomend I sell it?

Thank you very much everyone.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Put an ad in Airstream Classifieds. Be as honest there as you were here. It really isn’t worth much as described - if it was mine and someone showed up with any amount of actual dollars, I’d probably take it.

You could try your local Craigslist but that site is rife with fraudsters. If you list it there, be firm with any callers that the sale is “as is, where is” and only take cash. No paypal, western union, cashier’s checks...

Good luck!
Dismissive cat
Old 10-02-2020, 02:08 PM   #3
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2916s View Post
Put an ad in Airstream Classifieds. Be as honest there as you were here. It really isn’t worth much as described - if it was mine and someone showed up with any amount of actual dollars, I’d probably take it.

You could try your local Craigslist but that site is rife with fraudsters. If you list it there, be firm with any callers that the sale is “as is, where is” and only take cash. No paypal, western union, cashier’s checks...

Good luck!
What n2916s said.

Someone will pay cash for it as is, where is.

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Closed Thread

Tags
sovereign