Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2020, 03:31 PM   #1

1980 31' International
1971 31' Excella 500
Ventura/Ojai , California
Where to start

I recently purchased a 1980 International 31'. This is our first trailer. All furniture, appliances, walls and closets have been removed. All the interior wiring is intact but everything else has been gutted to the skins. My question is how I should go about getting power back on. All interior lights and outlets are present but there are various bundles coming out where the fridge/stove/bathroom used to be. I have temporary towing lights hooked up but I have no exterior power either. Do I need to start with a converter and panel like this?

https://vintagetrailersupply.com/pro...panel-vts-555/

All connections and batteries are gone up front as well. I want to keep it simple but use the best quality products.

I appreciate any help in advance.
larios556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Clovis , California
I would map out all of the wiring in your trailer, different colors for different locations. then you will know what you need. My 1983 has all DC wiring going to the front of the trailer and the AC goes into the closet (Why is it like this?) So the item that you posted will not work for mine.
I recently put a new Dometic AC with a Thermostat that required DC. I had to run wires from a close light. I had no issue doing this since I recently converted to all LED lights.

Good Luck!
nhaas is offline   Reply With Quote