Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1980 25' International
Napanee , Ontario
Twin beds in 25ft International

I was looking at a 25 ft international and was told the twin beds (just ahead of the bathroom) are a double and a single. If this is the case how does that work given the amount of space available?
Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Unless someone did some changes, the twin beds are both singles.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
High River , Alberta
The usual twin bed layout has a pair of beds that are about 32" wide, not 39" like a typical household twin bed. That's 64" out of a total of about 90" of possible interior space. I don't see how you could create a double and a single in that space, unless there's virtually no aisle. Or is there a double bed plus a bunk?

It's worth noting that in many Airstream layouts a double is actually 48" wide (a "three-quarter" bed, very rare for a household mattress), and not 54" like a conventional double. Also, most RV queen beds are 60" wide, but only 75" long (not 80" like a household queen).
AlbertF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I think one side pulls out enough for the back cushion to lie beside the seat cushion and the other side twin does not extend. There is probably a narrow walk way still to the back bath area. I thought I saw that in a 70s or so AS??? Perhaps it was not original. Maybe the two sides do meet extended with no walkway and you have the option of not extending the larger.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I think one side pulls out enough for the back cushion to lie beside the seat cushion and the other side twin does not extend. There is probably a narrow walk way still to the back bath area. I thought I saw that in a 70s or so AS??? Perhaps it was not original. Maybe the two sides do meet extended with no walkway and you have the option of not extending the larger.
Yes, this is a common arrangement for twins, in Argosy as well. Argosy also has the small "double" side with lots of drawers and storage opposite the double, instead of a single bed. Has a shelf a TV could sit on, with outlet.

I'd rather have the "oodles of storage" section instead of a skinny single. All those drawers? That's rare in the ASs I've seen.