Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
lubbock , Texas
how old is this international

i was going down the road today and found this. i know its an international, or that's what it says. i looked for the tag, either it is missing or i don't where to look. it sits in rv storage and has been abandon by the owners(non payment for storage). the lady at the office said there is 2 or 3 more she needs to get the title on and sell.

t
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0007.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	161801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0011.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	161802  

Name:	IMAG0013.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	161803   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0004.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	161804  

Name:	IMAG0016.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	403.1 KB
ID:	161805   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0006.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	161806  

Name:	IMAG0008.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	161807   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0010.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	161808  

txtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 28
Tampa , Florida
Looks like a '67 or a '68
inTransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Gosh, that looks in rough shape! Looks like it has Corning windows. So its pre 1969. Window layout looks a lot like a '67 Overlander -- 8 different samples of which are here. I don't see a VIN badge near the door in your curbside 4th image. The door looks sprung. And the skin distortion around the wheel well suggests major structural issues.

If an Overlander, it should pace off at 26' to 26 ½' from bumper to ball. 'International' is a trim and amenities package. It's an Overlander model IMO.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
lubbock , Texas
ya she is pretty rough, its all in there though. it has that triangle looking bathtub in blue green. the belly pan is in place, i jumped on the rear bumper and nothing moved. axles are shot. some windows have plexie in them. what i can see of the frame looks to be ok. not sure what is going on with the wheel wells, i can move the skin to where it don't look buckled. the step is shot but looks to be complete. what gets me is the ac unit on top. never seen one like it.. and yes it has been sitting for some years, and some TX hail.

t
Old 06-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #5

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtoad
ya she is pretty rough, its all in there though. it has that triangle looking bathtub in blue green. the belly pan is in place, i jumped on the rear bumper and nothing moved. axles are shot. some windows have plexie in them. what i can see of the frame looks to be ok. not sure what is going on with the wheel wells, i can move the skin to where it don't look buckled. the step is shot but looks to be complete. what gets me is the ac unit on top. never seen one like it.. and yes it has been sitting for some years, and some TX hail.

t
I believe that "ac" is an old swamp cooler.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
looks like someone tried to polish the skin and actually sanded it - through the alclad.

You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away

And know when to RUN!

Paula
Old 06-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
lubbock , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin245 View Post
I believe that "ac" is an old swamp cooler.
don't guess i know anything about that either. it looks like it has fins/coils on the side. i was in a bit of a hurry and couldn't' get inside. i just never seen anything like it., and didn't have a way to get any taller..lol

t
Old 06-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
lubbock , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
looks like someone tried to polish the skin and actually sanded it - through the alclad.

You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away

And know when to RUN!

Paula
ya run is the key word in that post..lol

it been sitting there for a while, just thought i would check to see what the story was. would make good salvage for parts.

t
Old 06-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
lubbock , Texas
here u can almost see the lav tub and john. sun was pretty bright and getting hot..lol

t
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0012.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	161818  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Tell the storage lot owner to place a mechanics lien on the trailer for the non-payment of the storage fees. Most likely the owner has passed on. Have the state police run the plate for the owner and if deceased..... Open it up by going thru a plexi window and list all the parts for sale here first and after they sell all they can sell off of the dented aluminum skin for scrap. That way they can recoup all their lost rental. It appears the only way to read the serial number may be thru paperwork that might be found inside the trailer. Otherwise the last registration for a license plate may be the only way to snoop out the model and year. I noticed the Texas plate on the rear pic. I would love to get my hands on some of the parts from that trailer for my restore. Let me know what you can find out or send me a PM and I will contact the storage lot owners myself. Thanks, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
lubbock , Texas
the lady said she already tried to contact the owners, letter returned. she is in the process of that. couldn't give me any time frame thou. it may take a month or 2 to get it completed. she is supposed to give me a call when she does. she wouldn't give me a estimated cost either.. i don't think she will be able to get all her storage out of it thou.
what would u be interested in?

t
Old 06-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
I'll send you a PM with my phone number and you can call me or PM me your number and I'll call you on my dime. Ed
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
lubbock , Texas
pm me. i get free calls after 7cst..
Old 06-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
It does look like a 67/68 model. The overall length, the size of the windows, and the distortion around the wheel wells suggests that it may be a 30' model. The 30' rigs of those years were pretty notorious for distortion in that area. There is precious little framing behind the skin in the area between the large windows above and the wheel wells below, and the very thin trim piece around the wells does practically nothing (except distort some more).

It does look like the original AC without a cover.

Lynn
Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
It does look like a 67/68 model. The overall length, the size of the windows, and the distortion around the wheel wells suggests that it may be a 30' model. The 30' rigs of those years were pretty notorious for distortion in that area. There is precious little framing behind the skin in the area between the large windows above and the wheel wells below, and the very thin trim piece around the wells does practically nothing (except distort some more).

Lynn
Lynn, I think you are correct. It looks a lot like your trailer from what I could see in the pics. I spoke with Randy (Txtoad) and he will find out from the folks at the storage lot if they are going to sell it off. He says the interior looks pretty original and although there are windows missing the interior appears to be in good condition. It may not be able to be titled but could be a donor trailer for some folks at some time in the future. Ed
Old 06-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Wickenburg , Arizona
Take the clear coat off, it will look a lot better. The A/C on top appears identical to my '67 Tradewind. It is just missing the shroud. It looks pretty good to me! I would be quite hesitant to leap on the "lets part it out" bandwagen!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
lubbock , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel1 View Post
Take the clear coat off, it will look a lot better. The A/C on top appears identical to my '67 Tradewind. It is just missing the shroud. It looks pretty good to me! I would be quite hesitant to leap on the "lets part it out" bandwagen!
ya never know, if there is interest in it i may sell it complete. it looks to me like it not that bad a trailer. its just more than i want to take on. if/when the lady gets the paper work cleared it won't be a problem to get it titled here in tx. diesel from what i can see of your ac it does look like it.

t
Old 06-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
lubbock , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post

Lynn
just from what i could tell i believe it is a 30 footer. you are right about the wheel well there ain't much there. i reached up around it and it seems there is not anything at all around it except the trim..
gotta be careful around here where you put your hands, we have scorpions, brown recluse and black widow. none of which i'm friendly with..

t