RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Toledo , Ohio
Fresh Water tank pan?

I have a 1985 29' Sovereign . I would like to know if the sheet metal pan that covers the fresh water holding tank under trailer can be removed without dropping the fresh water tank ? It has some dents in it and I'd like to repair it .
Thanks all info appreciated Les WBCCI #14183
woodfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I don't think so. The tanks (at least in my unit) are installed whilst the frame is flipped on the line. Then the pans are installed. So when the frame assembly is flipped right side up, the tanks are just sitting in the pan.

I have struggled with the same issue, as I would like to finesse the heat ducts and insulation. I have a couple of accesses through the floor, but I don't think its enough to somehow support the tanks adequately from above with cords, temp brackets, etc.

I'm afraid all the plumbing would have to be disconnected, and drop the whole assembly.
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Toledo , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
I don't think so. The tanks (at least in my unit) are installed whilst the frame is flipped on the line. Then the pans are installed. So when the frame assembly is flipped right side up, the tanks are just sitting in the pan.

I have struggled with the same issue, as I would like to finesse the heat ducts and insulation. I have a couple of accesses through the floor, but I don't think its enough to somehow support the tanks adequately from above with cords, temp brackets, etc.

I'm afraid all the plumbing would have to be disconnected, and drop the whole assembly.
Thanks for the reply it looks like the pan supports the tank as you said but it looks like everything can be disconected from under the trailer . Don't know when I will try this project but it doesn't look that bad of a job. Les WBCCI #14183
woodfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfox45 View Post
Thanks for the reply it looks like the pan supports the tank as you said but it looks like everything can be disconected from under the trailer . Don't know when I will try this project but it doesn't look that bad of a job. Les WBCCI #14183
I don't think it would be too difficult to disconnect everything in my unit....EXCEPT the tank vent pipe. That would involve some pretty major interior disassembly for me. Thus, I've not done anything.
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote