RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
Silver Bullit

1985 25' Sovereign
Edmonton , Alberta
Finally got 1

After an exhaustive search which took me from EBAY to Craiglist to RV Trader to here, I finally found a trailer on youtube. I was looking for videos on AS restorations and found a forsale video on an airstream. It was pretty much everything my wife and I wanted. I would still like an early 70's safari to be honest, but this trailer looked great. It was located in Indianna which made us a little hesitant but we decided to proceed. We had it inspected by an authorised AS parts and service dealer which in turn did a little work on the unit to ensure that the trailer was in working order. A couple of things they missed was a section of rotted floor under the drivers side bunk at the back and that there was a something moldy in the toilet. Other than that the trailer seems to be in pretty decent shape for being 24 years old. We have to do lots of scrubbing to both the inside and outside before we head out this summer but I'm looking forward to the adventure. Here are a few pictures of "The Silver Bullet". My wife thought of the name because that is the name of the bar where we met during a Halloween party 13 1/2 years ago. Once I get her all cleaned up I will add a couple more pictures. I would lover any and all advice about enjoying this trailer to fullest. Take care everyone and have a great summer. We'll see you on the road.

Tim

PS: I tried uploading some pictures but I need to downsize them little first. Once I learn how to reduce them, I will post them.
timmy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy67
Here are a few pictures of "The Silver Bullet". My wife thought of the name because that is the name of the bar where we met during a Halloween party 13 1/2 years ago. Once I get her all cleaned up I will add a couple more pictures.
13 1/2 years later and you still don't have her cleaned up?

Sorry, I couldn't pass it up... congrats on the trailer! Make sure you post those pictures... and some of the trailer too.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
After an exhaustive search which took me from EBAY to Craiglist to RV Trader to here, I finally found a trailer on youtube. I was looking for videos on AS restorations and found a forsale video on an airstream. It was pretty much everything my wife and I wanted. I would still like an early 70's safari to be honest, but this trailer looked great. It was located in Indianna which made us a little hesitant but we decided to proceed. We had it inspected by an authorised AS parts and service dealer which in turn did a little work on the unit to ensure that the trailer was in working order. A couple of things they missed was a section of rotted floor under the drivers side bunk at the back and that there was a something moldy in the toilet. Other than that the trailer seems to be in pretty decent shape for being 24 years old. We have to do lots of scrubbing to both the inside and outside before we head out this summer but I'm looking forward to the adventure. Here are a few pictures of "The Silver Bullet". My wife thought of the name because that is the name of the bar where we met during a Halloween party 13 1/2 years ago. Once I get her all cleaned up I will add a couple more pictures. I would lover any and all advice about enjoying this trailer to fullest. Take care everyone and have a great summer. We'll see you on the road.

Tim

PS: I tried uploading some pictures but I need to downsize them little first. Once I learn how to reduce them, I will post them.
Congratulations on the new trailer!

If you're on a MS-Windows based computer, you should be able to reduce the image size in Paint or any other image editing program.

Looking forward to seeing them!

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Way to go

BTW, what is it ???

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Athens , Georgia
Congratulations on another one sneaked across the border!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
BTW, what is it ???
'84 25' Sovereign
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
South Berwick , Maine
1984 25' Sovereign

Congratulations. We picked up our 1984 25' Sovereign last month. I think ours are pretty rare, Airstream doesn't list making one that length in 1984.

Hey, do you have two porch lights (round lights) on either side of your door? We do, and that seems to be an oddity also.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #8
Silver Bullit

1985 25' Sovereign
Edmonton , Alberta
Ours does not have the twin lights but it sounds like a great option. Sorry about not being able to upload the pictures but I'm still struggling trying to reduce the size.

Tim
Old 05-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I find it much easier to reduce the picture size on the camera. Most camera have that option and you can just download them right to the computer and to the Forum.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:20 PM   #10
Silver Bullit

1985 25' Sovereign
Edmonton , Alberta
Sorry for the delay

Well, I think I've got this whole reducing picture size down. Let's see if it works this time. On a side note, we've noticed a musty smell in the trailer everytime we open her up in the morning. I finally had time to take out the goucho and found that some of the orig carpet was rotten and moldy from moisture. Once that was removed, the left overs vacuumed up and a little no mold sprayed the smell was almost completely gone. Now I'm concerned about what lies under the rest of the new carpet. At the end of this summer I will do a full tear out of the carpet and do a little more investigating. We wanted to install either cork or bamboo anyways. Sorry to bore everyone with more back story. On to the pictures.

PS: Sorry for the offensive look of the goucho. That will have a new cover soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS 1.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	60855   Click image for larger version

Name:	AS 2.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	60856  

Name:	AS 3.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	60857   Click image for larger version

Name:	AS 4.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	60858  

Name:	AS 5.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	60859  
Old 05-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Athens , Georgia
looking great!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #12
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Well, I think I've got this whole reducing picture size down. Let's see if it works this time. On a side note, we've noticed a musty smell in the trailer everytime we open her up in the morning. I finally had time to take out the goucho and found that some of the orig carpet was rotten and moldy from moisture. Once that was removed, the left overs vacuumed up and a little no mold sprayed the smell was almost completely gone. Now I'm concerned about what lies under the rest of the new carpet. At the end of this summer I will do a full tear out of the carpet and do a little more investigating. We wanted to install either cork or bamboo anyways. Sorry to bore everyone with more back story. On to the pictures.

PS: Sorry for the offensive look of the goucho. That will have a new cover soon.
I don't t5hink I would wait another day, unless you want to replace some rotten floor at the entrance door.

The bottom of the entrance door is not sealed, since it was obviously hit with something.

The door frame is warped. There are several posts as to how to correct it, properly.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #13
Silver Bullit

1985 25' Sovereign
Edmonton , Alberta
X-ray eyes?

You can tell that from the picture? Wow. The rotten sections seem to be around the edges near the front of the trailer and at the back under the driver's side bed. I don't know if the floor is rotted out by the door or if the frame is warped. As soon as it stops raining here I will definately check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

PS: Do you sell a front window guard?

Tim
Old 05-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #14
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
You can tell that from the picture? Wow. The rotten sections seem to be around the edges near the front of the trailer and at the back under the driver's side bed. I don't know if the floor is rotted out by the door or if the frame is warped. As soon as it stops raining here I will definately check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

PS: Do you sell a front window guard?

Tim
Yes, we have the 3 piece solar gray rockguard.

I will PM the price to you tomorrow, when I am at my office.

We also carry over 3300 different Airstream parts in stock.

For the time being, check your sewer vent pipe gaskets, on the roof. You will find them cracked and leaking underneath the covers.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
What a great floor plan! That's a keeper. Congradulations
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #16
Silver Bullit

1985 25' Sovereign
Edmonton , Alberta
Thank you

Thanks fixx. I will try to keep the board up to date on changes, updates and problems we encounter. Have a great summer.