RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2003, 05:34 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Jenturnr's Avatar
2006 34' Classic S/O
Hobe Sound , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 91
Countertop edging

Countertop edges in my 86 Sovereign are cracked/dry-rotted. Airstream cannot get replacements. They are cream colored, about 3/4", with a thing in the middle of it that pushes into the outer edge of the counter top. Anyone know where I can get a replacements?
Jenturnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 168
Welcome to the forum!

Try these:

3/4" or 13/16" will probably work.

Good luck!
63flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 07:08 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Sneakinup's Avatar
1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 754
Images: 122
The plastic stripping can be replaced fairly easily. I took old plastic vertical blinds (the type that cover sliding glass doors) and trimmed the plastic to the correct width and slipped it in. It is tricky, but it can be done. I took out my entire countertop and resurfaced it with white formica, then used a spray paint on the edging that is aluminum finished. Then I put the stripping back in. I think it looks great.

72 Overlander
92 GMC Suburban

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 07:32 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Pick's Avatar
1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,311
Images: 36
Send a message via AIM to Pick
I used Formica Laminate

It takes over 8 feet, and laminate only comes in 8 foot lengths. It is a tight fit, but can be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cntredge.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1677  
2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 D/A Ext. Cab
Propane Powered Honda EU2000i
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:56 AM   #5
New Member
JoeCal's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2
I've seen something that might work at either a lumber center or a furniture builder supply house. It's used to cover the edge of plywood. You cut a groove in the plywood and glue/push the molding in. Can't name a precise source, though.
JoeCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:34 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member
Jenturnr's Avatar
2006 34' Classic S/O
Hobe Sound , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 91
86 Sovereign

Thanks JoeCal for the info. We did find some edging material at a lumber store that just sticks on. It worked quite well. We have since traded our 86 for an 02. We are excited!
Thanks again!
Jenturnr is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know what this is pdxor97225 Our Community 7 01-27-2004 09:58 AM
aluminum composite countertop repair? Janet H Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings 1 09-30-2003 10:38 AM
New Countertop smily Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings 38 07-01-2003 07:16 AM
Door edging Pahaska 2002 - 2005 International 0 06-26-2003 03:24 PM

Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.