Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Sovereign > 1984 - 1989 Sovereign
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
astrocaver

1986 25' Sovereign
Denver , Colorado
city water inlet

The inlet is mounted on the side of the bumper. I noticed during last use that it was leaking and discovered it is cracked. I thought that it was metal but discovered it is plastic and is crimped to a plastic line. I don't know what to do. The part is a right angle like a drop eared L which is used on coppper plumbing, which I bought, but can't use now. Any thoughts?
astrocaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocaver View Post
The inlet is mounted on the side of the bumper. I noticed during last use that it was leaking and discovered it is cracked. I thought that it was metal but discovered it is plastic and is crimped to a plastic line. I don't know what to do. The part is a right angle like a drop eared L which is used on coppper plumbing, which I bought, but can't use now. Any thoughts?
Post a picture that may help
Old 07-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Venice , Florida
I replaced the whole fitting with a compression fitting. Cut the fitting off and go to your local Ace or True Value, they will fix you up. No gluing or soldering etc..

Since the repair, I have decided to replace the line and all from the inside of the storage compartment and put in a chrome surface mount like the later models. I have since bought the parts but not installed them as yet. You may consider this option as I did. Everything is inside and not vulnerable to damage from something hitting it or in my case the UV sun rays just took it toll on the plastic.
Good luck with your decision. We love our 25' Sovereign, check out my pofile pics of what I have done to the interior.

Airdreamers

WBCCI #8880
AIR #41310
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
astrocaver

1986 25' Sovereign
Denver , Colorado
Thanks Bill, I went to Home Depot and got a Shark Bite adapter that will convert the plastic pipe to copper then I can use the brass L I have. Now to gettin gitting done.
astrocaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Wichita Falls , Texas
Getting on this thread a little late, by 5 years...but I have the same problem. How did you remove the inlet? Does it just slide out? I already have PEX inside, this is the last hold out of the old stuff.
frscott is offline   Reply With Quote