Old 12-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1986 29' Sovereign
Arlington , Virginia
Circe: 86 Sovereign 29' Side Bath

After many months of reading, video watching, podcast listening and forum voyeurism .... I finally did it...I became the proud first time parent of an Airstream.

She may not be the belle of the ball, but she's a looker and my kinda girl.
There are some pics on my profile

I named her Circe. You may remeber her as the Greek goddess in Homer's Odyssey when Odysseus visits her island of Aeaea on the way back from the Trojan War and she changes most of his crew into swine.

My friend has an 'island' outside Colonial Beach in Monroe Bay on the Potomac. I renamed the place Isle of Aeaea base on the line "he could not resist the need to be on this island"

Initially it's going to be a cabin for me to get away, sometimes with the kids and the dog and sometimes alone. 90 min drive makes it a little hard to do a quick visit, but so far you couldn't just go on a whim and be home same day. Don't have a TV...probably a 2021 expense. I am considering renting a truck for the one or two trips I take this year. I did a little research and Enterprise have trucks with tow packages and can carry the weight of my AS.

I did what I think was a pretty good inspection base on all the stuff I've learned to look out for and I think for a 33 year old, she stands up pretty darn good.

Time will tell on that one, but was ready to camp on the first night and most of the systems are working. LP tanks, lines, batteries and tires were all in almost new condition. Stove, toilet, AC and Fridge work great and were replaced in the last decade.
I think Furnace and water heater will be early replacements

Did a inspection underneath and the jump on the back bumper test and I think they passed inspection

Shell is in great shape...one ding by the bathroom window. Endcaps/windows are in great shape.

bathroom needs a lot of love, but at least the toilet looks good.

I did a bunch of nerdy AS things:
Bought a shirt, hat and Xmas ornament and I joined WBCCI

I'm very excited and little nervous
only the future lies ahead

Side-Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
Check the floor at the back under the beds. Pull up carpet floor covering etc. That bumper compartment is a killer.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign