Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2005, 08:53 AM   #1
Creative Film Cars
Commercial Member

New York , New York
Use your Trailer and Tow Rig in photo shoots and film!

Hi!

We’re from Creative Film Cars in Manhattan. We provide vehicles for film, television, fashion shoots, magazines and events.

We would like to invite the members of your forum in the New York City area to submit their vehicles to our film car database. There is no charge to be listed with us.

Basically we act as an agent for your vehicle, placing it in fashion shoots, advertisements, films, etc. While we can't guarantee work, if a client is interested in using your vehicle we will call you to go over the details of the shoot and see if you are interested and available. Your vehicle will be fully insured and will be treated with the utmost of respect. A copy of the insurance binder will be available to you prior to any shoot. You are always welcome to stay with your vehicle for the duration of the shoot to ensure that it is treated to your satisfaction. You will be paid for the rental and your time. Payment is determined by location of shoot, length of shoot, and use of vehicle.

Additional benefits are increasing the vehicles provenance, value, possible tax write-offs, and seeing your vehicles in print or on film.

Go to http://www.creativefilmcars.com/submit.htm and submit your vehicle.

If you know of any other clubs in the area that might be interested please pass this on.

For an example of a successful shoot using a forum found vehicle go to http://www.nemini.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=2905.html

For more info give us a call at 212-864-4060 or go to www.creativefilmcars.com

Cheers,
Donald and John
Creative Film Cars
creativefilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Not sure how I'd feel about seeing the Tin Hut bouncing up and down in an adult film. Not that I would ever watch such a thing though......

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:18 AM   #3
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
...that's really funny!!!

Jonathan
Old 10-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #4
Silver Surfer

2005 25' Safari
San Marcos , California
Southern California

Very cool... I am a Producer in the Southern California area and have been looking to rent/place my 25' 2005 Safari SS with a production. Any ideas?
JmesDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #5
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Ummmmmm....?

Moderators, considering the recent discussions concerning commercial vendors and such, where does this thread fall? Don't get me wrong, I personally don't think these folks are doing any harm here. But, they clearly are selling a product thru the forum. Any ideas?

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:40 AM   #6
Silver Surfer

2005 25' Safari
San Marcos , California
Hmmmm...

Doesn't look like they're selling anything to me... just offering a service for our Airstreams as Inland RV would or any other company mentioned in these threads... don't be too conservative and quick to jump on something that could be beneficial to other Airstream owners.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:42 AM   #7
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmesDean
Doesn't look like they're selling anything to me... just offering a service for our Airstreams as Inland RV would or any other company mentioned in these threads... don't be too conservative and quick to jump on something that could be beneficial to other Airstream owners.
Not Jumping, trying to understand the difference......

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 10-04-2005, 09:45 AM   #8
Silver Surfer

2005 25' Safari
San Marcos , California
Look at the Sub-Category of this Thread...

..."The Vendor's Forum"... difference would be if this was listed anywhere else on the site - then there would be a problem.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #9
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Got it.....Thanks

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 10-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmesDean
..."The Vendor's Forum"... difference would be if this was listed anywhere else on the site - then there would be a problem.
Which is why I relocated it to the 'Vendor's Forum'. It was originally posted in 'Our Community'.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:50 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Most folks who are looking for trailers will post on this forum. My trailer was in a photo shoot and worked out very well. I think it is a must to stay with your trailer and make sure you understand what and how the trailer is being used. After they contracted with me, they wanted to use it as a dressing room, which I would not allow - I only allowed exterior shots with minimal contact with the trailer.

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Most folks who are looking for trailers will post on this forum. My trailer was in a photo shoot and worked out very well. I think it is a must to stay with your trailer and make sure you understand what and how the trailer is being used. After they contracted with me, they wanted to use it as a dressing room, which I would not allow - I only allowed exterior shots with minimal contact with the trailer.

Ken J.
I agree Ken. If someone was making an adult film in my trailer I would insist on staying with the trailer as well.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Mine was used for by an company from Italy for a fashion mag. We had a blast and I made sure I understood each shoot - we traveled all over northern Az with it - I had visions of camping in while shooting, but we were so busy, we all stayed in hotels ( which they paid for) - we had a blast - very nice folks, but would have never let them loose with the trailer.

I would not allow any interior shooting - the amount of equipment required for a shoot - I think - would be too much for our confined interiors.

We did have many discussions on how many bottles of wine it would take to trade for the trailer....................

Ken
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:17 AM   #14
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Ken,
Don't you mean my trailer? Could you send me more info and such.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:25 AM   #15

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I was approached by someone who wanted to use the Caravel for a commercial shoot. I backed out when he said he was still looking for a classic convertible to tow it with, then they were going to film an old couple towing it down the coast highway. I wouldn't mind if it was just a matter of taking it someplace and having them film around it, but when they said they wanted to film while towing it, and the guy clearly knew nothing about what it took to safely tow it, I decided not to risk it.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:54 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
My brother is a clean freak and that extends to his SOB fifth wheel. He'd love an AS but his current trailer is still like brand new. He and several others from the lake where they park for the summer were approached in June by a production company to place their units in a movie campground for a movie being made with Robin Williams. $300/day ea for the units and $9/hr for them to be the campers if they wished. Units all had to be 1989 or older, his is an '85 I believe. They all hauled from Milk River, Alberta (a few minutes north of the Montana/Alberta border) to the film campground. Once there of course my brother was out with his cleaning stuff and did what for him was a light detailing - did I mention he's an absolute clean freak? A few days later they are back and all the units are being used except his. They paid him for the 3 days they had it but said it was just too darned clean and stood out like a sore thumb, and no one wanted to mess up all his hard cleaning work and make it look used. Boy, have I had fun with this one ever since - he shows up, out comes the wipe down, I show up and out comes the lawn chairs and eventually I will wipe it down but mine does look like a 1951 no matter what I do. He said it was a ton of fun while he was there - they got to see how the movie is made, watched Robin Williams fighting with a "raccoon" in a motorhome, got fed very well, and were treated extremely well by the cast and crew. Said he'd do it again in heartbeat.
Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote