Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #41
Certifiable

. , .
Wink The article starting on page 51 was pretty cool!

This was my first eZine encounter. Interesting concept, but I prefer a hard copy of ASL over what I just experienced. Perhaps the technology isn't good enough for me yet if this is the best version out there. I do see the potential however.

I realize that both mediums have their advantages/disadvantages. And for MY convenience, I would prefer to have them BOTH available to me. (And I would probably cough up a few more $$ for this added benefit.) But if I had to choose one over the other right now, I would pick the traditional magazine.

To me, breaking up the Moscow picture in the traditional magazine (p. 36-37) is understandable and a widely accepted practice. Not so online. And I really like to zoom in and out on a pic a few times if I can when it's online. IMO, this is where the digital mags should excel over more staid media. Also, the advertising seems to me to be far more intrusive when I view it online. I can choose to check it out (or ignore it) seemingly far more easily when it's in a traditional magazine form for some reason.

Moreover, the joy I feel of finding a bright, shiny new Airstream Life magazine in the mailbox, and the act of reserving a time to sit down to read it cover-to-cover is somehow missing with this online version, and that's not because I've ever read this issue before. Because I haven't. I actually tried to read this one "cover-to-cover" and wound up getting a headache! (It was too much like work as someone previously stated.)

Hope this helps!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
hard copy

Hard copy so Mrs Hut can practice her origami. I'd like to see a scratch and sniff in there too.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I like the magazine. I didn't like the magnifying part.Maybe the link just didn't correctly work for me. I like the magazine especially when my friend gives me her old copies.
Thanks Carol
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
The article starting on page 51 was pretty cool!
ahh wouldn't that Vintage Thunder Agosy belong to you now mistral blue?! It was a terrific transformation. Nice airstream.

You're welcome Roger. It was nice to be able to pass them along when they were available to me. Some Airstreamers hadn't heard of ASL and I had liked to bring them one and introduce myself as a fellow Airstreamer when we saw someone in our campgrounds.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #45
Certifiable

. , .
Exclamation Now look at what you've got me doing!

I just signed up for 2 years of the online version of The New Yorker.
94 issues for $70 and I get unlimited access to the complete archive.

Table of Contents: November 10, 2008: Table of Contents: The New Yorker

Plus I get a cartoon calendar!

Surely you can cajole Mr. and Mrs. Tin Hut into coming up with 365 thoughts about the Airstream Life!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #46
the biggoofball is mine

1973 27' Overlander
1972 Argosy 22
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Beautiful Southern Connecticut , Gateway to NEW ENGLAND Unit
Cool WOW! Our Argosy was in Airstream Life 2005!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr View Post
Hi all

Take a look at this ... I'm testing an online version of the magazine. You can try it out for free for the next 14 days (then it will go away).

Airstream Life » Free online edition!

After you've viewed it, let me know what you think.

It definitely costs something to produce an online edition, so the question is whether there's enough interest in the community to start doing this in the future.

If you're already a subscriber, would it be worth paying a small annual fee to add the online edition to your existing paper subscription? Would you want to get both the paper and online versions, or just one version?

If you're not a subscriber, would the electronic version entice into becoming a subscriber?

Would it be important to you to have a downloadable version in PDF, or is the online version sufficient?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Thanks for showing us the online issue. I haven't finished browsing because I got so excited when I read pages 14-15, Great Ideas, Floor Lighting and saw the control panel and lighting installed in our '72 Argosy 22'. We bought the Argosy in '07. The PO installed the control panel and lighting; the controls are great. The floor lighting is a nice addition. One of the nightlights is mounted in the bathroom adjacent to the toilet seat. It should have a warning label since it gets hot enough to burn buns. An LED replacement is planned for that light! Meanwhile, it has been taken out of service.

Yes, I would be interested in the online version. My husband is always concerned about trailer weight so having online access to all issues would be great. I would especially like to have back issue access since I am one year into airstreaming and missed many issues of ASL.

Thanks,
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #47

2003 22' International CCD
reno , Nevada
please sign me up I love it. I would be happy to pay for this. up to 20.00 per year. Thanks Randy
randyr80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #48
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Cool Online version is FREE!

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. I know this thread has been quiet for a while, but we've been working in the background to make an online version of Airstream Life based on your input.

So, after much preparation, I am pleased to finally be able to announce that Airstream Life magazine Online Edition is now available to all.

And here's the really good news: it's FREE! Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors: Timeless Travel Trailers in Wheat Ridge, CO.

The Online Edition is a 15-20 page sampling of the current print magazine. If you don't currently subscribe to the print magazine, it's a way to try a sample at absolutely no cost. All you need is the computer you already have.

If you already subscribe, consider the Online Edition as a way to get a sneak peek into the magazine while you're waiting for the postal service to deliver your printed copy. The print version will always have much more content than the Online Edition. For example, the Summer 2009 issue online is 20 pages, but the printed version is 68 pages.

Don't worry, the print magazine will continue, and we'll reserve the best stuff for our print subscribers. Also, I know that people like to read the magazine when they are away from the computer, and carry copies in their Airstreams. So we'll keep publishing the full magazine on paper as long as our subscribers continue to support it. I expect that to be many years.

But now you have a choice -- or you can get both!

The Summer 2009 issue is available right now, and we'll notify you via email when new issues are published. You can sign up to be notified and see the Summer 2009 issue by clicking here. Again, there's absolutely no cost, and you can unsubscribe any time.

I hope this works well for everyone. If not, remember what you paid for it! But seriously, I hope that putting a little sample of Airstream Life online each quarter will help build interest in our community and introduce more people to the lifestyle we all enjoy so much.

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #49
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
Hi rich;
Always wondering where I was on the date of the beginning of this thread that I'had not seen and not given you my opinion... sorry !
Good idea and and always creative... that pleases me...

best regards from France
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:33 PM   #50
just jd.

2007 20' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Thanks Rich and crew at Airstream Life
Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #51
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr View Post
Hi all

Take a look at this ... I'm testing an online version of the magazine. You can try it out for free for the next 14 days (then it will go away).
[deleted]
Would it be important to you to have a downloadable version in PDF, or is the online version sufficient?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Rich,
If it means survival of the magazine, I am in favor of a downloadable PDF version instead of a paper version. I know print is expensive to print and distribute.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #52
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Wondering where I was when this thread surfaced. I like both the magazine in papaer form and the internet version.
Thanks for all you do, Rich and Staff.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #53
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Love Airstream Life

I look forward to each issue.....I subscribe to the hard copy and like to see the online version as well......I especially like reading about custom trailers......and all the helpful tips......please keep up the great work. pj
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #54
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi View Post
Rich,
If it means survival of the magazine, I am in favor of a downloadable PDF version instead of a paper version. I know print is expensive to print and distribute.
I would not like the magazine to go online only. I would gladly pay more to have a printed copy. PDF's get lost and take up memory on the computer. I like going back and re reading back issues. Please do not change to electronic only. If anything expand the magazine....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #55
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Paper lives on!

No worries, Frank. I heard you and many others say how you value the paper version, and there is no plan to discontinue it. I like paper copies, too!

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #56
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Thank you thank you thank you
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags