Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #81
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
Return Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrfire View Post
Warning: order with care - they charge 25% if you return for any reason.

I ordered the wrong one. I figured this out before I received it, and returned it unused and unopened (I let them know it was not opened - and paid return shipping too) - but they still charged me a $90 "restocking fee," plus $20 shipping.

When I contacted them Marc did not seem to care. He refused to refund or give partial credit for it being unopened.

My total cost (with shipping both ways): $145.

-Jason

We would like to point out that we pride ourselves around customer service and product quality.

All sales are not final at Micro-Air, but they are subject to a fully disclosed restocking fee. It appears on every page of our website. So, the consumer’s post of a warning about a restocking fee is unnecessary.

The customer/vendor expectation of a restocking fee is stated very clearly throughout our web site, checkout process and on our invoice. We all need to understand such fees in small business: they are motivated generally by price and quality concerns. In the electronics field especially, a restocking fee is customary and helps keep down the price charged by us to all consumers. Also, we pride ourselves on the infinitesimally low return rate of our products. Even unused parts are subject to processing and testing upon return in order to avoid the later shipping of a defective part to our other customers. We cannot know what transpired with our product after it left our shop until we test that unit.

Our website Knowledge Bank supports our products extensively and our telephone support is widely and publicly admired by consumers. A drop down menu-based product selector found on our site is of further assistance to the consumer. And of course, simply call us if you can’t find the information you need to avoid buying the wrong part.

Micro-Air offers other means to rectify issues such as offering discounts ($35.00 Cyber Monday) discount for the sale we plan. That offer remains open to this consumer.

You can’t make everyone happy—but we try like the dickens!

Sales Administrator
Old 11-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Clayton , Georgia
Quote:
You can’t make everyone happy—but we try like the dickens!

Two techs got on the roof of my AS at Alumilina to install an EasyStart in each A/C unit. I'm a happy camper. Thanks guys!
TV: 2017 Ford F250 Lariat w/ Blue Ox Sway Pro
AIRForums #126944 WBCCI #1297
Baby Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:04 AM   #83
Winzlow

1978 31' Sovereign
Whiteland , Indiana
Never do business with anyone charging a restocking fee, would Amazon, Walmart? There’s your answer. In today’s world with UPC’s, scanners and other low cost inventory equipment there is no place for a restocking fee. My opinion, but the majority of companies agree with me. So, no micro air for me! Thanks, Jason.
NeilRR44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRR44 View Post
Never do business with anyone charging a restocking fee, would Amazon, Walmart? There’s your answer. In today’s world with UPC’s, scanners and other low cost inventory equipment there is no place for a restocking fee. My opinion, but the majority of companies agree with me. So, no micro air for me! Thanks, Jason.
Wow! You are harsh, these guys offer a great product at a fair price and provide superior technical support, unlike Amazon. Their pages are clearly marked. Seriously, how do you order the wrong EasyStart? If you have an RV they have one model for owner installs! For your home they have 2 models and the size is obvious. If it were my business, I would not want returns except for defects. How do you know what the buyer really did to the unit? If you were the buyer, would you want a device that is "used"? For full disclosure, I have a unit on my RV and I have a bigger unit on my home heat pump. When I had a problem, in the very beginning of their RV marketing, they replaced the unit and offered to come to my campground in SC to install it. I cannot say enough good things about these guys.

Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #85
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Micro-Air Discount Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRR44 View Post

Well, no AC on a 2000w generator for you either then. Or, go to Amazon or Walmart to find a product that does the same thing as the Easy Start (hypothetical—you can’t) and then call them up for technical support on a Sunday (or any day of the week) and see how that goes. Further, you really think a small company like Micro-Air has the scale to have inventory and stocking systems like Walmart or Amazon? That’s hilarious. They likely have a couple of people who handle shipping, packing each order by hand.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:18 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
I can’t say enough good things about Micro Air in terms of customer support. By the way they will do installs now at the factory in New Jersey in you don’t like climbing on the roof. 150 bucks I believe but call to verify. Great guys!
Shiny16 is offline   Reply With Quote