Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
Thumbs up Is Windish RV Ctr near Denver Recommended?

Hi all.

My wife and I are 2 months into a 6 mo road trip, and we are very far away from the dealer from whom we purchased our AS. We need to have a number of items fixed under warranty before we continue out trip (we thought we could live with it for 4 more months, but now we have plumbing leak problems, etc. which require immediate attention). We are camping close to Denver Colorado, and are now close to an AS dealer/service department. Just wanted to know if anyone out there has had any good/bad experiences with Windish RV Center in Lakewood, CO (near Denver). Any opinions would be helpful. I tried to find out info on RV service reviews.com but they didn't have Windish rated at all, and I did a search on this forum, but there doesn't seem to be any opinion on the Windish RV Center service center. Please advise if you have an opinion on their service department. Thanks!

- Mike & Angela
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
We tend to be DIY'rs on our vintage trailer...so I don't a have 1st hand working relationship with Windish even though they are right in my backyard. A lot of our WBCCI Denver Unit members have work done there...but as with any dealership/service department some are more satisfied than others.

Sometimes the closest A/S dealer is the 'best' dealer...especially if you need warranty work done to stay on the road and to keep things from getting worse. I think any A/S authorized service dealer is better than taking it to a SOB RV shop. Windish is fully authorized and should be capable of addressing your issues.

Can they work you into their schedule? It is the height of the camping season here...that would be another plus!

Good luck...let us know what you decide to do ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO (CAC) Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Windish is on the west-mode side of the Denver area in Lakewood, on the 6th Ave. Fwy. frontage road, so it is very easy to get to.

However, if you want service, you might have to wait. I put in a 'reservation' yesterday for warranty work, and the soonest they could see me was Aug. 17!!!

I should also add that I have never had any work done there yet. Of course, I've only owned my Bambi for about 5 days now.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

maybe they could fix your most pressing problems,to get you back on the road?[plumbing leaks]
desi arnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:10 PM   #5

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
While I can't speak for all, I know our local dealer takes care of folks who are traveling and have an emergency. He took my trailer in right away with warranty work for a very minor drip at a skylight, even though he was booked up for a couple of weeks.

Call them and let them know the circumstances and see if he can get that water leak fixed. On the rest of your stuff, see if you can plan out your travel and see what dealers are in the locales you will be visiting. You might work it out that you can piecemeal the work by appointments at different dealers as you travel.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:54 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
Thanks everyone. I'll call Windish and see if they can squeeze us in just to fix the toilet leak. If not, I'll try the new AS dealer in Colorado Springs that Forrest recommended. If not, I'll DIY. Maybe it just needs some teflon on the intake pipe coupling to stop the leak. Weird though, some days, it leaks, others it doesn't. All the other items are not as pressing and we can try to schedule those when we return to our home base with the dealer from whom we purchased. Or better yet, maybe we'll just modify our trip and head out to JC OH and have the factory fix everything!
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 04:17 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Might check..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmimi
Thanks everyone. I'll call Windish and see if they can squeeze us in just to fix the toilet leak. If not, I'll try the new AS dealer in Colorado Springs that Forrest recommended. If not, I'll DIY. Maybe it just needs some teflon on the intake pipe coupling to stop the leak. Weird though, some days, it leaks, others it doesn't. All the other items are not as pressing and we can try to schedule those when we return to our home base with the dealer from whom we purchased. Or better yet, maybe we'll just modify our trip and head out to JC OH and have the factory fix everything!
About your plumbing leaks:
Often these leaks will show up after some extensive traveling..(They just work themselves loose from all the road jarring )
If you examine the piping, you'll see that some of the pipe coupling have a wing type of connection and, are just no more than hand tighten. Try and see if you can reach in there and tighten these that are loosen.
Keep in mind that this is something you'll have to check from time to time as you travel. These type of couplings are used not just by A/S and almost everyone should check them while traveling..
Hopefully this will solve your pressing problems.
Stop by while visiting in NH..Dinner will be on me~
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #8

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmimi
Or better yet, maybe we'll just modify our trip and head out to JC OH and have the factory fix everything!
If you do, call and make an appointment. Just don't drop in and expect them to fix it all for you. Priority goes to those with appointments and even with that you may end up spending a little more time than expected, depending on the folks ahead of you.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote