Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Inland Andy MVP-VIP

I read a few days back a thread complimenting the vendor who used to be known as Airstream Dreams. Now Vintage something.

OK I found that nice and proper and informative. Then I thought about our most venerable vendor, Inland Andy. And decided I might relate a visit I had with him several weeks back.

I had posted a question here regards the proper way to "straighten" a bent door. The tedious search thru the archives had revealed dueling opinions on various methods. I specifically needed and wanted clarification on Inland Andy's method. Oddly the "competing" method with Andy's had been granted (awarded) a "sticky-status", thus giving it the appearance of correctness and gravitas to the un-suspecting or newcoming-naive searchers. (IMHO moderators should have to ID the reason that they
choose to make such "solutions" sticky).

Anyway I felt I needed to learn more. Andy found the thread and answered only part of my questons, so I re-posted hoping for more detail. No follow-up for a few weeks, much to my disappointment.
I, on reflection quickly came to the conclusion that he was a busy man and cannot possibly jump at every beck and call of the many requesters of his expertise. But I still, was disappointed.
Days went by, then I recieved a PM from Inland Andy. He asked me to give him a call on a specific day. That was it, no further explanation.
I called and Andy answered all my questions.
The conversation (my first ever with him) was great.
Andy was friendly, Andy was courteous, Andy was informative, Andy was fun, Andy was frank and IMHO Andy was/is as honest as the day is long. Sometimes brutally honest, but I (being a big boy) like it that way.(No BS just the cold facts please).
Andy has a business to run, and a life to live. Yet he takes time out to help us at no charge.
Yep he is a master marketer, a salesman. And he knows how to insert a sales pitch. But you know, that's what Marketing is all about. And friends marketing (sales) makes the world go round.

Anyway have you ever stopped to think how much Inland Andy has meant to these forums?
He more than any other member/poster/moderator etc was the cornerstone of the success of this place I truly believe.
Another Andy founded it, but in the beginning we came and read and stayed to see what Inland Andy had to say.
Have you ever thought about how much he will be missed when he is no longer here?
I have never bought one item from Andy, but he treated me as if I was an old and regular customer. If and when I do buy certain items, I will do it with Andy. If I pay a bit more, I will remember all the free advice he has provided me (and all of us) over the years. Exactly how much advice and guidance have we gotten from the Airstream Factory, or any other former Factory employee? Old Saint Wally left too soon and never answered one question for us. Nothing and no one with an actual Airstream pedigree has come to our aid like Andy Rogozinski aka Inland Andy. I say Inland Andy is more than a VIP I think he is our all-time MVP (most valuable player).
Andy mentioned that he had a few health issues (unspecified). I hope and pray that he overcomes these and blesses us with his expertise for years to come, for like E.F.Hutton. When Inland Andy speaks I listen.

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Old 05-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
(IMHO moderators should have to ID the reason that they
choose to make such "solutions" sticky).
Stickys are just subjects that keep coming up and have universal interest from what I understand. They aren't an endorsement.
Dave
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Old 05-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Amen.

I make an attempt to read every reply that he gives whether or not it is on a subject that I am working on.

Another thanks Andy.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhord
Amen.
I make an attempt to read every reply that he gives whether or not it is on a subject that I am working on.
Another thanks Andy.
Me, too!

L
Old 05-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank
Me, too!

L
Us, too!

Thanks, Andy!
Old 05-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
I love reading Andy's posts and have purchased items from him for a couple of years now. He and his staff are the best out there. They are patient, take their time answering questions and follow through.

I enjoy Andy's bluntness and his humor. He has so many years of Airstream experience and is a living library of information. If I lived closer to his business, I would be begging him for a job. I would love to work in an Airstream business such as his.

I was working with Andy on purchasing an axle for my Airstream last year when I found out I had to have a knee replacement right away. I took my coach to the dealer in Colorado Springs. They ended up purchasing the axle and installing, since I couldn't. I hope they purchased the axle from Andy so that he got the sale.

We should all treasure Andy and his advice that he gives.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #7
WBCCI 11067 WDCU

1986 25' Sovereign
Atlanta , Georgia
Andy

I too appreciate Andy's posts, they certainly can be blunt. I have also called him on information (weight distribution) that he stood nothing to gain from...and he was very helpful.

But, I also want to add, I have been a long time customer of Inland RV and I consider him a partner as I renovate and maintain my Airstream. His service is always prompt and he backs his sales with knowledge and integrity. Quite honestly, I wouldn't have felt comfortable buying axles from anyone else.

I am appreciative for "vendors" like Andy because they don't just sell parts they have a true passion for our passions. We are fortunate to have several vendors like Andy on this forum and it truly adds to the Airforums experience.

Thanks Andy.
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500
2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
Old 05-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #8
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
I don't own an Airstream, but I have benefitted by his knowledge on hitch rigging in discussions on this forum; brought back the differences between the big sedans of yesteryear and the more heavily sprung trucks being used today. As well, the importance of wheel balancing, wheel selection; being wary of additions that may not be well-thought out, and so forth.

I also hope that he finds time to post access to The Twelve Questions in regards to proper hitch rigging (from accident investigation analysis).

I also hope that Inland RV will be able to retail the "Safe-T-Tow" Andy has mentioned in several posts.

With a certainty, were I traveling in the area of that dealership I would have it scheduled for a visit, for advice on the many shared items that our different trailer brands have, and, hopefully, for the deep knowledge of trailers of this sort by which I might benefit. And pass on to others.

I know also that I'd like to see more pictures of that big Buick he traveled in for business!
Old 05-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I too have spoken to Andy on the phone and online .I like to consider him as a true friend because of all the advise He has givin me over the last year or so. I Need to mention that the afore mentioned advise came with no strings.He freely gave of his knowledge.So I now am giving back by purchasing axles from him. THANKS ANDY
"MAY YOUR ROADS BE SMOOTH AND MAY YOU ALL WAYS HAVE A TAILWIND"
Roger
Old 05-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
I purchased a axle,tire, and rim from Inland, they saved me a nice sum of money and everything was as it should have been. I spoke to several dealers and none had the knowledge and service Inland provided.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 05-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Can’t speak for others but I appreciate the help I have received from Andy over the years.

I have also ordered stuff from Inland and found his staff to be very professional and willing to help make sure you are ordering the right stuff.

I also appreciate the help I have received from others on this forum.

Garry
Old 05-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #12
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Andy has always made the time to talk to me when I've asked. He personally helped me with axles, other parts, and other information and advice. His staff is also very helpful.

.....small vintage Airstream part I don't know the name of.........$7.00

.....shipping-price of fuel.............................................. .....$10.00

......Andy's years of knowledge & experience.......................priceless

Thanks Andy!
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Old 05-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Unhappy There's only one thing I don't like about Andy

HE's ON THE WRONG COAST!

Paula Ford.... in Virginia, sigh.

I'm ordering some curtain carriers from him right now.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Cape Coral , Florida
Ditto drummer!

However, I am disappointed that Andy did not respond "publicly" to the "Cast vs Extruded" thread. I joined the thread hoping to get the answer as well - and I'm sure there were many "lurking" and waiting for his response.

I guess when the time comes to straighten my door - I'll have to bother him with a call...and I have made many purchases from Inland RV over the past 18 months...one today.

George
Old 05-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Never met Andy, never bought anything from him, but I will if the chance arises. But I ALWAYS read his posts. They're sometimes blunt, often funny, always informative. The guy's a fountain of knowledge that he's gotten the hard way over the years.

Hat's off to you, Andy.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
i'm with Paula! hey Andy, how about a second operation on the east coast?

three cheers for Andy. hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray!
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Madison , Wisconsin
MVP-got my VOTE!

Andy---MVP---got my vote!

Advice, parts and encouragement I don't know whatelse to say except for my heartfelt thanks for all of it!
Old 05-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #18
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by richinny
i'm with Paula! hey Andy, how about a second operation on the east coast?
three cheers for Andy. hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray!

East coast!? How 'bout the Third Coast - TEXAS! Would dearly love to have his expertise and straight shootin' down here!

Hat's off to you, Andy.
Bill
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Old 05-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Sacramento , California
Inland Andy is "Mr Airstream" in my book!

He's no brag...just fact...

No BS, No guessing, just knowledge! He's the literal been there, done that Airstream guy.

I've wanted disc brakes on my Classic since Rich Luhr put them on his and put the aritcle in A/S Life. I checked with a few dealers in northern California and no one had done it, some had no clue what I was talking about and one said "We'll sure figgeritout"...not on my trailer you won't.

Andy has all the stuff to do it and this August I'm taking my Classic the 300 and sumpthin' miles from Sacramento to his shop and leave it for a week while they put my brakes on because I know it'll be done right.

Thanks Andy...You're the best.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:18 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Whittier , California
Andy is the man.
Closed Thread