Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2003, 11:03 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

try again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer polishing 001new.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	2612  
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:11 AM   #42
3 Rivet Member

The spot on the top is what Trailer trash did.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	trailer polishing close100.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	2613  
Old 08-11-2003, 02:27 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

I just bought my pads at levine auto. No idea who they were. Lewis marine seemed to be a wholesale type place. Levine was cheaper. 5701 is the coarse pad. 5705 is the less coarse pad. 5710 is the adapter. The adapter just seems to be an extension.

http://store.yahoo.com/levineauto/index.html
Old 08-11-2003, 04:14 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Well, for everyone who needs a

..."Disenfranchised Chinese Re-education Slave Labor Camp Brand"TM Buffer from Harbor Freight, they're now on sale for $29.99. Item #46507.

CORRECTION: They were on sale. It was an old email.
Sorry!
drboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:06 PM   #45

I shoulda had...

TBKP's OL take a photo of my raggedy old muddy Chinky Dinky buffer- They have different sizes and mine is pretty big- higher HP means less struggle when you're on it for awhile. I've had the smaller ones burn up. I don't use anywhere near all the power- about 3 out 6 on the Super Chinky speed dial...

Working my way home after a long hard week and a half in the desert. I'll get the SS movin when I get back- then we'll have even more pics of these guys trailers to look at.

If those things are 29.99- buy 2 or 3, they're pretty junky- and you'll need em sooner or later!

I can't thank you guys enough for posting the pics- I do see some light swirls in the top of the OL, but, that was with a coarse pad, and they usually come out with the softer one- as these guys will probably agree. Thanks for helping me spread the truth!
trailertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 04:30 AM   #46
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Blurry vision

smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 06:31 AM   #47
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Here's the link to the polisher from Harbor Freight that TT was using:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46507

FF
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	polisher.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	2620  

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 09:53 AM   #48

Thats the one-

And like I said- don't expect miracles- its cheap and it won't last a lifetime, but you can use it for a couple years and junk it and buy another. Or, spend the money on a really nice one- just make sure you get the high powered one. I had a brand new Bosch last year in Europe- it started smoking the 2nd time I used it. It was too small, so I took it back and bought a bigger one- no problems.

They get trashed and covered with aluma mud anyway- this one even has a slightly porous grainy finish on the orange part that soaks up even more dirt!
Make sure to keep the vents clean and free from lint- and toss that bonnet that they send with it and don't even bother using it- get the 3M.

Like TBKP's Ol said- he got one for less at a local place, which is always better. I listed lewismarine for a source if you can't get one locally, or want an easy order by phone. They sell cheap if you ask them for a courtesy account price- but you'll have to pay shipping, so its definitely worth your while to find a local source if possible.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:30 AM   #49

SS ON THE WAY!!!

Finally!

I'm back at home for about 4 days- heard from several folks who offered assistance in getting it out- thanks! Stefrobrts has the simplest and easiest solution- shopping cart and postage calculations, paypal, Visa, the works! So, she'll be sending it off after I get it to her. It'll leave here Monday and she should see it Friday. We agreed on $4 per bottle to cover her incidental costs- labeling and packing etc., and hope no one minds. I'm absorbing the shipping costs from here to Stef.

This is for a trial type use- please limit an order to 2 bottles for there to be enough for several folks to use it and see how they like it. I'm hoping that after the 2 cases are gone- someone will step up and offer it for a retail, but discounted price that will buy it direct from Brown Labs, so I can get on with my own growing collection- all that need polishing and restorations.

Again, I want to thank the guys who let me guinea pig their trailers, and anyone who gets it should acknowledge Stefanies contribution- she's really doing the hard part that I can't manage at this time- so BIG thanks to stefrobrts!

Good luck, and I'm gonna get a little tear in my eye whenver I see a nice shiny trailer traveling down the highway- which is where it should be- not spending your time and money slaving over it for weeks.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:29 AM   #50
Creampuff

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1971 31' Sovereign
2016 25' International
Malibu , California
Thumbs up SILVERHATS OFF

THANKS TT for hangin' in through it all with your willingness to share. That's what this site is supposed to be all about.
Could you post Steph's email or ordering address for us?
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 11:44 AM   #51

pm her... stefrobrts

She said she was having ISP issues, and its probably safer to PM.

I'd wait a day or so and she'll post her site info that you can order from. She's pretty busy from the sound of things.

Thanks for the support. As my grandma used to say- "always tell the truth- it'll come out in the end anyway."

I just hope people like this stuff as much as I have- its a real timesaver.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:06 PM   #52
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
, Ohio
I just want to be put on the list to get my quota of bottles..

Thank you,
Old 08-16-2003, 09:33 PM   #53

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Anyone who wants a bottle or two of the SS can PM me, and I'll figure postage for you once it arrives (hopefully next week or so). You can pay by visa, paypal, check, whatever you like. When you PM me, let me know how many bottles (1 or 2), and your zip code for postage calculation. I'll PM you back as soon as I have the stuff in hand and can give you accurate postage. I'm looking forward to buying a bottle myself to see how it works.

Since our business is an online mail-order toy store www.dnstoys.com (I fixed it, thanks, flyfshr) it's no problem, because we are already all set up to ship. Glad to help out.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 10:14 PM   #54
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
The above link in Steph's posting doesn't work. Try this one:

www.dnstoys.com

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote