Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2003, 11:56 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Exclamation How to make YOUR OWN Patio/Awning Enclosure

Have you wanted a custom patio/awning enclosure for your rig but couldn't justify the high cost?

- OR -

Have you ordered a patio enclosure only to find it was poorly made and didn't even fit your rig properly?

You CAN make your own patio/awning cover and have the exact custom fit you've been looking for at far less than the cost of a manufactured product!

A new 'do-it-yourself' instruction manual called 'MAKING YOUR OWN PATIO/AWNING ENCLOSURE' is now available.

This guide contains step-by-step instructions on making your own patio/awning cover. You can have a custom patio cover for your rig that attaches easily to your awning for less than half of the cost of a manufactured one.

This patio enclosure weighs less than twenty pounds finished (using the materials I recommend) and fits into a duffle (instructions for the bag are also in the instruction guide) to fit easily into the smallest storage space.

You don't need an industrial machine to make this project. A home sewing machine with straight stitch and zig-zag will work perfectly!

The instruction manual covers:
  • A. a complete list of materials you will need and suggestions for where to find them
    B. how to measure your awning for a beautiful custom fit
    C. step-by-step instructions for how to make your patio cover using your home sewing machine.

The "MAKE YOUR OWN PATIO/AWNING ENCLOSURE" instruction manual is only $16.95 for the eBook (downloadable version) or $25.95 for the printed version. We want to keep this information affordable for everyone. THIS IS Easier than you think! IF YOU can sew, you CAN make your own Patio/Awning enclosure.

Simply follow the instructions in this how-to book and people will think you paid a custom price of $1200 to $1500 for your awning enclosure.

To request information about how to order write to: Make Your Own Patio/Awning Enclosure

If you have a question or simply want more information, we'll be happy to answer. We're only a click away!
escapeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 12:12 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

For a little more information

The reason I wrote this instruction manual is because I made this same Patio/Awning cover for our 1969 Overlander. The older awnings are difficult to find enclosures to fit well. The instructions will work however with any awning configuration.

I have worked as a clothes designer. I also grew up with two tailors. I have had a good background in creating something from scratch.

As a musician that travels in an Airstream - it helps to have many things cooking in terms of income.

So there it is! All the information in one fell swoop!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:14 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Plano , Texas
Would you please post pictures of what the Patio/Awning Enclosures look like when completed.
I am certain the pictures speak a thousand words!
Thanks,
Keith
Zed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:27 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

It's coming soon!!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #5

1990 32' Excella
Natrona heights , Pennsylvania
I have written a book on making your own awnings: check out EBAY: Canvas Awnings: The Complete guide to make your own
Lisa Kordes
awninggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Plano , Texas
Lisa,
Have you ever made an awing for an Airstream? If so, please post a photo.
Thanks,
Keith
Zed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:46 AM   #7

1990 32' Excella
I can make any type of awning. It is a matter of attaching head rod clamps to the trailer, adding support, then placing pipes through pockets to create stability. That is what my book will show you,"How to make your own" I am no where near Texas & would noy be able to ship something I haven't fitted., but all things are possible
Lisa
Old 04-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #8

1990 32' Excella
There is also a prfab enclosure made by Tri-Vantage, that can be ordered. I can price it if you give me some dimensions....
Old 08-17-2017, 05:12 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Garner, , North Carolina
WOW old thread and still no pictures of the item noted.. I was interested in seeing what they are selling. Looks like a good item but no pictures cast doubt.
WBCCI#1691, Piedmont Airstream Club, Unit #161, Region #3
carl2591 is offline   Reply With Quote