Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2004, 12:36 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Cool Have problems with your mobile internet (computer, laptop, modem, satellite)?

Having problems connecting to your mobile ISP? Considering Wi-FI product purchases soon to take advantage of the growing number of campgrounds now offering broadband Wi-Fi (wireless) services? Tired of all those damn pop-ups, spam or looking at email alternatives to hotmail and yahoo? If any one of these issues gets your blood boilin please post your problem in this thread. Every effort will be made to resolve your issues. If your question is hardware related please be specific including make, model, operating system (Windows 98, ME, XP, 2000 or Linux) and please include information about any special software or hardware you have added.

Thanks

Jamie
securtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 12:28 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
internet usage

I'm new to camping- the airstream is being re-built as I write. What is the best way to get roaming internet service?
Thanks, silver suz
silver suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 03:41 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

When you refer to roaming internet can you be a little more specific, include your needs (internet needs eg: speed, access points, dial-up, broadband etc).

There are many options for you to choose from these days, depending on your performance needs, coverage requirements and most importantly, your budget.

Once you respond with the above information I will suggest several ways you can go about this.
securtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
I don't know how I missed your message. I'm sorry it took so long to reply. I want to be able to take my old laptop with me and do internet mailings, research etc. in the airstream. Mostly it's to keep in touch with family when we are travelling. Right now we may go as far as the florida keys, Va, to Ca from TX. we just got broad band at home, I am neutral on it. I use the computer to communicate with people on a daily basis, the weather channel, CNN, maybe Ebay, or make an on line order. That's it. For me communication (e-mails and IM) are the most important. Does that give you a starting point? Meanwhile our trailer is stripped to the ribs. so the electrical wiring is still open! thanks, Silver Suz
silver suz is offline   Reply With Quote