Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Goshen , Indiana
Baraldi Range hoods, The Stainless steel Range hood found in 2009 Airstreams

http://www.aerycorp.com

Ive seen a few people ask about the range hoods we sell to airstream on this forum. I wanted to just get some info out there for you to address these questions. Aery Corp is the exclusive distributor of Baraldi products here in the US market.

The unit airstream uses is called the Swing Pro

SWING PRO:
Sophistication that is characterized by aerodynamics and elegant lines. When inserted into the cabinet, the discrete low profile versions reveal less than 2" of height while concealing Baraldi's fast and powerful Jet-flo ventilation technology.
Residential style, multi-layer aluminum filters that utilize the entire perimeter of the range hood are combined with a powerful motor and centrifugal fan wheel to more effectively extract heat, grease, and smoke from the cooking area. Centrifugal fans can generate higher pressure at lower sound levels when compared to axial fan blades commonly used in recreational vehicle vents.
Fast and Powerful Jet-flo Ventilation:
  • 194 CFM completely exhausts an average 25' trailer in under 7 min
  • 2,150 RPM creating 4.6 lb/sq ft.
  • 20 watts 12VDC
Whisper Performance: 56db (normal voice conversation at 3-5ft = 60db)
Halogen Lights: Two at 10 watts (140 lumens each)
"Easy-Clean" large, residential-style, removable grease filter
AeryCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Alamo , California
Following up on my phone inquiry. Looking for replacement "switches" that change the fan & light operation from just ON/OFF to allow the lights to be dimmed and the fan rpm's to be adjustable.

Any source for those type controls that fit the Swing Pro hood unit?

Thanks,
TKNELLE
TKNELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #3

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryCorp
http://www.aerycorp.com

Ive seen a few people ask about the range hoods we sell to airstream on this forum. I wanted to just get some info out there for you to address these questions. Aery Corp is the exclusive distributor of Baraldi products here in the US market.

The unit airstream uses is called the Swing Pro

SWING PRO:
Sophistication that is characterized by aerodynamics and elegant lines. When inserted into the cabinet, the discrete low profile versions reveal less than 2" of height while concealing Baraldi's fast and powerful Jet-flo ventilation technology.
Residential style, multi-layer aluminum filters that utilize the entire perimeter of the range hood are combined with a powerful motor and centrifugal fan wheel to more effectively extract heat, grease, and smoke from the cooking area. Centrifugal fans can generate higher pressure at lower sound levels when compared to axial fan blades commonly used in recreational vehicle vents.
Fast and Powerful Jet-flo Ventilation:

[*]194 CFM completely exhausts an average 25' trailer in under 7 min[*]2,150 RPM creating 4.6 lb/sq ft.[*]20 watts 12VDC

Whisper Performance: 56db (normal voice conversation at 3-5ft = 60db)
Halogen Lights: Two at 10 watts (140 lumens each)
"Easy-Clean" large, residential-style, removable grease filter
Does anyone besides AS sell these? Also what is the retail?
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Alamo , California
I purchased my unit from the Airstream Store on eBay. Replaced stock unit in our '07 Sarari 25' SE LS. Easy install & fan does indeed move the air. Only comment is per my first posting. Would be nice if they had slide switches to control the light intensity & fan RPM's instead of only ON & OFF slide switches. Otherwise, I recommend the upgrade.
Regards,
TKNELLE

PS I believe Avery Corp will also sell direct.
TKNELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #5

Olathe , Kansas
Thanks!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
I sent an email to their contact link asking where I could buy one. I never got a response. It's gone way down on my priorities so I haven't tried again. I did see one on ebay a while back, but it went pretty quickly.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
_

. , .
i purchased and installed this hood last summer while IN j/c...

it was a "scratchNdent" warranty/shop/take off version.

there were no scratches or dents and the fan/lights worked fine.

installation took some fabrication, as the back/outside vent connection,

is NOT exactly in the same location as the standard ventline version.

since i was IN the terraport, the techs provided some aluminum stock at no charge.

with tin snips i was able to make a connecting piece and mount so it fit properly.

it took about 3 trips back inside for tiny bits of aluminum, but they were happy 2 oblige.

the fancy schmancy EYEtalian hood was ~40$ and 2 led bulbs another 30$...

now the range is actually LIT UP nicely and squirrel cage fan really moves air.
_________

the store typically has this sort of stuff available for sale IN the store back area.

((new/take off parts for most models in production))

yes they do post some stuff on 'bay.

they had boxes and boxes and boxes (and un boxed) of STUFF 4 sale during the 'paloOOOza last year.

i suspect they are already stockpiling stuff for this years gig.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...ted-67627.html

basically they had a 'factory garage sale' with 200 customers camped out back 4 three daze.

new/repaired water pumps were 10$? light fixtures 3-5$, wheels, tires, sinks, counters, segment protectors, sofas and so on...

each day they'd bring out more 'stuff' like cases of tee shirts with older logos or UNpopular colors.

many things were 80% off (like the range hood)

just being able to grab some of this stuff at massive discount, paid for the rally fee,

almost.
_______

so it would NOT surprise me blmitch5, if they have some of these again in may/june.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Is this unit substantially quieter in operation than the old unit?
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
_

. , .
no

but the fan moves substantially MORE air at the same noise level.

and the illumination is 10x better, maybe 20x better.

i seldom use the fan but the lighting is SO much better and ON a lot.

plus it looks metro'cool.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #10

Olathe , Kansas
Your killing me 2ndair! I want one! I can't go so maybe a nice neighbor will pick one up for me?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
Smithville , Texas
I've spent half the morning trying to find where to buy parts. Aery Corp website didn't show prices or parts....unless I missed something.
The fan came loose from the motor shaft, then I busted the plastic around the motor by improperly taking it off. This means I did my usual bear in a china closet "rip it off" technique leaving one screw still in place.
I need the whole insert, fan and casing for the Baraldi Swing model put in my 2010 AS.
My mechanical abilities are limited to say the least.
Help!
Matt Kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
grants pass , Oregon
Stainless 12v range Hood ?

I am also looking fro a 12V stainless range hood.I need one asap.
Airline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Vancouver , British Columbia
Baraldi Rangehood

I bought one off ebay. It arrived with a small broken plastic piece loose inside. It is a real nice looking unit, but the switches are cheap and the light switch broke the 3rd time I used it. It also wasn't wired correctly when I bought it, I had to rewire it, which was easy since it only has a light and a fan. It is a nice looking unit, much nicer than the other stuff available on the market. You have to do a custom vent install. I have a SMEV 4 burner stove installed as well. Which is nice, but the piezo electric start has issues starting on the front right burner (which is the one I use the most)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rangehood.jpg
Views:	1403
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	140672  
solarjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Tracy , California
I would love to get one of these but it seems they don't want to be found. The Facebook page just lists some guy from the area and there is no website.

To err is human. To arrrrrrr is pirate.
altamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by altamont View Post
I would love to get one of these but it seems they don't want to be found. The Facebook page just lists some guy from the area and there is no website.
I have looked for one of these also. You may be able to buy one at Jackson Center.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:39 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Where to Find Parts and a New unit

After a while of using this the switches fell inside due to a crack piece of plastic, so I had to put a block of wood inside to hold them in place. In this picture you will see two stainless Pan Head Screens that I added to hold the wood & switches in place. I have a feeling the fan is starting to fail as every once and a while when I start the fan, it spins out of balance, if I stop it and restart it usually solves the problem, I found replacement parts at this website. http://airstreamsupply.com/index.php...search=baraldi

They even sell the entire unit!
http://airstreamsupply.com/New-Stove...-12v-rv-106915

I also changed the lights to LED, which solves the lights being too bright. To quiet down the fan I used an adjustable dc to dc converter to run the voltage at 9.4 volts. The fan unit runs a lot quieter now and doesn't turn as fast. The slower speed doesn't seem to affect its ability to exhaust air. The DC to DC converter is a Meanwell SD25-12 for those who want to do the mod. I tried using PWM controllers for motors, but they all made a squealing sound. To hook up the mean well, you just need to supply the lower voltage to the Fan only, unless you want the lights to dim too
Old 05-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Picture

Opps, had issues attaching Photo, here it is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	range.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	262271  
Old 05-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1971 18' Caravel
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Does this hood work with the older roofline exhaust ports? Could you post a photo of the exterior exhaust panel if it is different?

Res nolunt diu male administrari.

WDCU Unit #170
Air #7085

TAC VA-4
WBCCI #2641
VAC
71 Caravel
69 Tradewind

My YouTube Channel
TWaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:41 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarjames View Post
After a while of using this the switches fell inside due to a crack piece of plastic, so I had to put a block of wood inside to hold them in place. In this picture you will see two stainless Pan Head Screens that I added to hold the wood & switches in place. I have a feeling the fan is starting to fail as every once and a while when I start the fan, it spins out of balance, if I stop it and restart it usually solves the problem, I found replacement parts at this website. http://airstreamsupply.com/index.php...search=baraldi

They even sell the entire unit!
http://airstreamsupply.com/New-Stove...-12v-rv-106915

I also changed the lights to LED, which solves the lights being too bright. To quiet down the fan I used an adjustable dc to dc converter to run the voltage at 9.4 volts. The fan unit runs a lot quieter now and doesn't turn as fast. The slower speed doesn't seem to affect its ability to exhaust air. The DC to DC converter is a Meanwell SD25-12 for those who want to do the mod. I tried using PWM controllers for motors, but they all made a squealing sound. To hook up the mean well, you just need to supply the lower voltage to the Fan only, unless you want the lights to dim too
I had the same issue with the switch - very poorly made. I was able to repair the plastic housing with epoxy. So far it's holding up. I also upgrading to LED lights so save energy.

Just curious why you didn't just use a power resistor to drop the voltage and reduce the fan speed? Seems like the efficiency loss in using a resistor is about the same as the efficiency of the DC/DC converter.
ProPride Hitch, 400 W Solar
alano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
range hood italian