Old 06-12-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

santa fe , New Mexico
Question A/s Dealer In The Southwest???

am ready to begin looking and would like to know experiences/recommendations of/for A/S dealers in NM/AZ/CO/TX/NV. we live in santa fe, NM, and would like to visit reputable dealers on weekends while we learn more about what we (2 adults, 2 dogs) want . leaning toward the International line due to it's "modern" interior. any other suggestions would be appreciated.

transform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
According to Google Earth, it is 890 miles from Santa Fe to Searcy, Arkansas compared to 979 (taking the Interstates) to Houston. Consider them. Searcy looks like it is about the same distance north of I40 as Santa Fe and US167/67 is essentially interstate. Airstream of Arkansas is very near the exit.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 25' Safari
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
South West , USA
Try Steve Woods at "Bayer R/V" in Dublin, TX (south of I-20).
Old 06-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
albuquerque , New Mexico
hi -
i went to Holiday RV on Central in ABQ to see my first Airstream upclose....it's close and they are very nice! i believe other people on this site have recently purchased from them and are very happy!

happy shopping!
ugojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
As far as CO is concerned...check w/Intermountain Coach about 5 to 5-1/2 hrs from Santa Fe and for another 1 to 1-1/2 hours Windish RV in Lakewood. Of the two...I prefer Inter-Mountian Coach although Windish is much closer.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
In AZ, I highly recommend Oasis RV in Tucson although it is some distance from Santa Fe. Great customer service and they know vintage.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
jimandrod here on the forums (from Placitas, NM) recently bought their new AS from the ABQ dealer and seemed to be very happy with the service...you might want to check with them for their opinion...
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair & PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Las Vegas , Nevada
Here in NV. our authorized AIRSTREAM dealer for sales-service-parts is: Pat Clark Custom Haulers & Trailers, 7570 Dean Martin, Suite 604, Las Vegas, 89139 (702) 431-0105 Nevada, Air Stream, Toy Hauler, RV, trailer, dealer, Pat Clark Custom Haulers and Trailers

My experience has been limited to the parts dept. people and I give them a thumbs up for knowledge, supply on hand, help in general.

They have a huge indoor showroom that is always full of different models whenever I have been there, except motorhomes.
345bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #9
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by transform View Post
am ready to begin looking and would like to know experiences/recommendations of/for A/S dealers in NM/AZ/CO/TX/NV. we live in santa fe, NM, and would like to visit reputable dealers on weekends while we learn more about what we (2 adults, 2 dogs) want . leaning toward the International line due to it's "modern" interior. any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Roger Williams in Weatherford, TX is a good one - they also do some pretty cool modifications/updates, etc. for Airstreams.

http://rogerwilliams.airstream.com/

Airstream of Arkansas is also tops!
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr View Post
In AZ, I highly recommend Oasis RV in Tucson although it is some distance from Santa Fe. Great customer service and they know vintage.

Brad
FF
Ditto to that...Oasis doesn't always have the largest inventory "on the lot" but that is where we got our AS and they have taken good care of us... I've even called them from the road when we had a question. It's not a glamorous place, but they know their stuff, and that's what counts.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #11
My Grandparents Airstream

2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Selking
Quote:
Originally Posted by RivetED View Post
Try Steve Woods at "Bayer R/V" in Dublin, TX (south of I-20).
I agree with Ed we traded in our 59 ambassador on a new 2007 and Steve was a strait shooter. I got what I wanted out of the old trailer and a good price on the new trailer . His service tech was very helpful in setting up the new trailer. I would go back if I wanted to buy another Airstream. Just my two cents.
WBCCI #6062
International 3rd Vice President

"Airstream the Best trailer ever built."
Andrew Selking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Camper Clinic 2 in Buda, TX (a very few miles south of Austin, TX on I-35) has a very large inventory of new Airstreams right now. And in this economy, I'd bet they'd deal, with a knowledgeable buyer that is. They had an '08 30 ft. Classic with slide they were really wanting make a deal on a few weeks ago now. Ask for Tom Kaminski. Their phone is 512-312-1478 or camper2@camperclinic.com
Old 06-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #13
Hawkeyes & Harleys

2006 16' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
We bought our 06 Bambi, Quick Silver from Holiday Trailer Sales in Albuquerque. It's a family owned and run dealership with a fair AS stock on hand. Dan Dismore heads up sales and is very low pressure. The service staff is also part of the family and headed up by Andrew who has been to Jackson Center for tng. many times and is well respected at JC. We visited their for a axle upgrade and they had many good words for the service at Holiday. We have had excellent followup service from Holiday and have been treated as friends when we are in town. Give them a try, you can't do better. We live in Las Cruces and have well over 20,000 miles and many months in our QS over the last two years.
HOG-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

santa fe , New Mexico
Thanks to all...

...who responded to my question...very helpful indeed, especially knowing that there is a dealer in ABQ, about an hour from our house. i look forward to being more active in the forums, at least as a newbie for now...thanks again to all!!!
transform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Holiday has 2 locations in ABQ

Be aware that Holiday Travel Trailers has 2 locations a couple of blocks apart in ABQ. One handles sales and the other handles service. Here is their web site;

Holiday Travel Trailers, New and Used RVs and Motorhomes for Sale in Albuquerque, New Mexico

I have had good service experience at Holiday. They replaced some sheet metal panels damaged from a blow out, replaced the propane regulator and a wheel bearing.

I have also had good service at Billy Sims Trailer Town in Lubbock, TX. They stripped and re-plastic coated my 1995 Excella and replaced a plastic vent cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transform View Post
...who responded to my question...very helpful indeed, especially knowing that there is a dealer in ABQ, about an hour from our house. i look forward to being more active in the forums, at least as a newbie for now...thanks again to all!!!
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
I have known and highly recommended Steve Woods at Bayer RV in Dublin, TX for several years. You will never meet a more knowledgeable or honest man than Steve.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugojoe View Post
hi -
i went to Holiday RV on Central in ABQ to see my first Airstream upclose....it's close and they are very nice! i believe other people on this site have recently purchased from them and are very happy!

happy shopping!
Holiday will be happy to sell you a new AS for big bucks. But here are 2 of my stories.

They have refused to work on my AS because it is "too old".

I brought my 71 for an appraisal for insurance. The owner pulled out a NADA book said the book only goes back to 1975 and a 75 would be worth $1200 so my 71 is worth less. Then told me "I'm not going to sign my name to that" (referring to my 71) and basicly kicked me off their lot. They acted embarrassed it was even on the lot and wanted to get rid of me before a real customer would see my junker. My 71 was unpolishd at the time with a couple of dings but at that point I had put about 9k into the restoration. The y refused to even look at the interior.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Well that doesn't seem right, Lumatic...apparently whomever you spoke to doesn't understand the heritage or lore of the vintage Airstream...some education from the boss might need to happen there. That's too bad you got treated that way. They should have seen you as a potential "new" customer and treated you and your AS with more respect. Bad customer relations on that person's part.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
Oasis RV in Tucson is top notch. Joe Pershing will take care of you. I get all my service done there as well as store the rig at their lot. Family run since before dirt was around. I have talked with folks who bought new and they got good prices. Oasis takes care of their customers.
elolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by elolson View Post
Oasis RV in Tucson is top notch. Joe Pershing will take care of you. I get all my service done there as well as store the rig at their lot. Family run since before dirt was around. I have talked with folks who bought new and they got good prices. Oasis takes care of their customers.
Ditto that...we bought our Bambi there and they have continued to take care of us...