Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2003, 12:17 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Sagging Shower

When my 2001 27 ft. Safari was still new I noticed that the bathroom wood trim on the outer wall next to the retractable shower door, that the top of the trim had moved about ¾ inch to the front of the trailer leaving a wood stain smudge and exposing a hole in the thick plastic ceiling pad. I have tried different patches but they fall out and I don’t want to make it worse.
I recently discovered that the shower itself has moved. The top of the shower had moved forward, it is secure at the bottom by the shower doorway. But by pulling the top of the shower you can lift the back drain area a bit and then my hole in the ceiling disappears. To get at the problem I opened the belly of the trailer. It appears that the shower is installed over the carpet and by standing in the shower by the drain the carpet smashes down more by the drain area than by the door causing the shower to tilt. I suppose this tilt helps the water drain towards the drain. The work area in the belly is limited and after trying to shim the drain part of the shower up I decided to leave it alone and live with the ceiling hole. The plumbing trap seems to not be affected by any slight movement.
Anyone have any thoughts.

2001 Safari 27 rear queen
awnings all around & 150w solar
Web Page: https://w9det.bizland.com
w9det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 01:28 PM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Warren do you have a digital camera where you can take a few pictures?

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote