Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 1966 - 1968 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2002, 07:01 PM   #1
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Turkey trip

Well.after finally getting the furnace back in we decided to brave an untraditional Thanksgiving 750 mile roundtrip to see Yosemite!Heavy Santa Ana gusty winds in our area prompted an evening departure (they lay down at night).Also wanted to miss the holiday rush so we left 2 days early.It was Creampuff's 4th voyage and the furthest yet-and ya just know-something's gonna happin!Drove for 4 hours and decided the Bakersfield Walmart lot would be a good stopover (our first Walmart experience!)Things went pretty good but I began to experience problems in the 12v system,which got worse as the trip wore on.Eventually the system would only work if my tow veh.was running.The battery was only 8 months old (from Costco) so at first I didn't suspect that.I reworked the fuse panel -nothin!A campground buddy hooked me to his gen.and nothin!This was getting frustrating (on top of the furnace pilot puffing out each time it reached temp.!)(Need help on that one now!)Finally As we were passing a Costco on day 3,I decided to take the battery back for a new (and larger) one.Sure enough-it was a bad battery!
Problemo solved.TIP:Watch those Kirkland deep cycle RV batteries.
Anyhow Yosemite was worth it all,even though it literally was a couple of 'three dog nights'!
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 07:17 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Hey....

"Three Dog Nights" are better than "No Nights"!! Oscar PS What furnace do you have?
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 10:21 PM   #3
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
My furnace is model 3 Bouviers des Flandres-hence the 3 dog night!
Actually it's a Suburban NT-22.I tried adjusting up the pilot but it still won't stay on after the thermostat stops calling for heat.
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 10:28 PM   #4
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Wink My cat-alytic heater

I like to sleep cool with a big comforter on the bed. My cat-alytic heater is my bobtail cat who crawls right in under the covers when it gets cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zoe_on_dinette.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	948  
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote