RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-08-2017, 04:34 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
1977 31' Sovereign
Narvon , Pennsylvania
Switches??

Hi there, I have a Safari twin-1967. I have a few questions if you would be so kind to help.
1)What are those two switches on the street side for? One is over the door, and the other is over the the front side window?
Also, what does that switch in the control area do? It is over the fridge.
My elec was totally non existence in regards to what it does. Getting there and need more info.
Like: the fabric coated wires (14/2), one is next to the heater, which I found out goes the thermostat.
The one behind the fridge....does or goes where??? It looks like it was taped at the end and not connected.
kenwadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Monona , Wisconsin
1967 Safari Twin, 22-ft.

I have that same trailer. The switch to the left of the window as you stand inside the trailer is for the outside light. The switch above the inside of the door is to turn on the overhead light at the center-line of the ceiling directly in line with the door. First you turn on the center-line light then turn it off with the switch about the door. Then when you come in the trailer a night you just reach up above the door and flip the switch and you have light. No need to fumble for the center line light switch in the dark. The switch above the refrigerator is to turn on the water pump. The other wires I know nothing about.

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin
gdanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
1977 31' Sovereign
Narvon , Pennsylvania
Hi Greg,
Thanks so much for that info, it is really helpful.
How about another question ?
The yellow and red wires that are taped together from the distribution area, goes to what? It looks like it might go to the fridge, but not so sure.
Do you know what size your fridge is??
Thanks again Greg.
I am going to your profile to check out your unit.
kenwadude is offline   Reply With Quote