RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #21
Airstream Fanatic

1976 31' Sovereign
1959 17' Pacer
1965 26' Overlander
Bismarck , North Dakota
How time flies

Started another thread for this trailer on the Forums. It will be restored over the next few months so daughter, son in law, and two grand babies will be using it come next summer. DH and son in law started the demolition on Friday afternoon and so far they have the inside gutted and started pulling interior skins out. Pretty good work for a day and a half.

Daughter is busy figuring out what kind of wood she'd like, the color scheme, and the details on the interior. They are going to try to help as much as they can but they live in MN and about 7.5 hours away so that will only be on a limited basis. Neither one of them is afraid of hard work so any help we get will be great. Especially since we still have the Pacer to finish.
Sandy
ND10CentCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #22
Airstream Fanatic

1976 31' Sovereign
1959 17' Pacer
1965 26' Overlander
Bismarck , North Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
Congratulations Sandy! I love the '66 Safari. Probably one of the best Airstreams ever. I recently finished one much like you have there. Here is the Picasaweb album of the "66 Safari.If you have any specific questions, send me a message. I'd be happy to help.
Lance
Hey Lance,
Have the shell off the 66 Safari and doing frame repairs now. The waste tanks and pan were missing on ours. Any guidance on where to get replacement tanks?
Sandy
Old 11-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #23
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND10CentCan View Post
Hey Lance,
Have the shell off the 66 Safari and doing frame repairs now. The waste tanks and pan were missing on ours. Any guidance on where to get replacement tanks?
Sandy
Hi Sandy,
Whenever I can, I use roto molded poly tanks from Ronco plastics. They are high quality and ship fairly quickly. I also get tanks from Pelland Ent. They have a very large catalog of tanks, including Ronco, Americart and others. I'm actually installing new tanks on a '67 Safari right now. Let me know if you need more assistance and good luck!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #24
Airstream Fanatic

1976 31' Sovereign
1959 17' Pacer
1965 26' Overlander
Bismarck , North Dakota
Thanks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
Hi Sandy,
Whenever I can, I use roto molded poly tanks from Ronco plastics. They are high quality and ship fairly quickly. I also get tanks from Pelland Ent. They have a very large catalog of tanks, including Ronco, Americart and others. I'm actually installing new tanks on a '67 Safari right now. Let me know if you need more assistance and good luck!
Hey Top,
What tanks were in there to begin with? Only a black tank and where was it located? No gray tank? If so, are you putting one in? We are just in the clean up the frame mode and want to get the tanks figured out and ordered. Just needing location, size, and what would be a good retrofit. Thanks for your help.
Sandy