RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-02-2003, 09:04 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Brevard , North Carolina
Need photo of drain pan support

We need to have our holding tank support angle irons welded and I need a picture of how it's supposed to look. Does anyone have any pix of the holding tank support?

A lot of ours is rusted away and we successfully procrastinated getting this work done over the cool months but are working on it again.

I also need to know how the storage for the drain pipe that is behind the bumper is supposed to look.

Any help is appreciated!!!
Old 05-03-2003, 01:31 PM   #2
Creampuff

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1971 31' Sovereign
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Malibu , California
Lexxy:
I had mine open awhile ago and it's buttoned up so can't really get you much of a photo,I still have the rear bumper storage pan out so that may help.As I recall all there is in there is two 3/4x3/4" angle iron supports bolted to the frame rails on either side at front and rear of black tank.The belly pan gets rivited to the rear one as does the floor of the bumper storage compartment.In that panel is a hinged dump door.I'll get a picture of that for you even though it's crunched up.(looking for some new aluminum)
How's the rest of the coach coming along?
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:27 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Brevard , North Carolina
hi

Murray...I remember you...aren't you the one I sent the furnace to?

I would appreciate any pix of the bumber storage and hose and pump out. There is a '67 like ours 3 hours from here near Atlanta and we plan to take some pix when we go there in 2 weeks but they have theirs taken apart too.

It's tough when I have never seen it done up correctly or even ever used a pump out except one on a sailboat and that was completely different....it was a bag!!!

We have a terrific welder guy who is inventive and reasonable and likes a challenge to help us but I need to guide him some and I know there must be some pix here somewhere that have helped others. Folks have always rushed to my rescue with all kinds of help.

The only kind of help I can help others is in refinishing the bath plastic...I must post some pix...looks great...like porcelain and is strong...I tried to ding it. I sprayed it ivory.

As soon as we get the tank, water pump and bath back together we can start on the fun stuff...the carpentry...something we know something about!!!
Old 05-04-2003, 02:53 PM   #4
Creampuff

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1971 31' Sovereign
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Malibu , California
Thumbs up Got Photos

Lexxy:
Right you are!I've got the photos and have emailed you a message offline as I seem to have problems uploading to the forum.Anyone else requiring the same info.let me know.Sooner or later I'll get some pix of the Creampuff up on in the gallery!
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote