Thanks again for the tips guys & gals. We had some free time today to work on AC and weatherstripping again. Our #1 challenge really has been getting free time TOGETHER for the 2 person jobs. That being said as of today we have completed the weatherstripping on the 2 Windows we started. Goo Gone worked by far the best of all the things we tried. After we had scraped/pulled off the big majority we would spray it, let it soak for about 10 minutes and then go at it very gently and patiently with a sharp metal putty knife. That of course was the easy part. Putting the Windows back on when we were done was the hard part. One went on strangely easy this time, I guess we got just the right angle. The other one that gave us a real challenge was the one we struggled with before. No amount of whacking with a rubber mallet worked, nor did holding the edges in and trying to just Jack the middle in by force. In the end what worked was this:
Not actually using the Jack to force the middle in but using it to get the board to just the right height with the window at just the right angle and just giving a bit of support in the middle as we closed it. With the right angle and that board it just popped right in. At this point we are going to replace the weatherstripping as needed rather than just do it all. The rest of my free time this week was spent making a backwards telephone wire for the new AC thermostat (what the heck!) mounting the new thermostat and running wires. Hunting down all the fuses and prepping for that electrician to finally come. We are so close to having AC! By this point I have learned SOO much about the electrical workings of the trailer, have a lot of the pages of the service manual memorized. Progress feels slow but it is very rewarding when we do accomplish something, like mounting the new thermostat and I swear I heard angels singing whenever that second window popped back into place. Anywho have a good day fellow streamers!