hey eeerrrrybody, its been awhile since i updated the thread. Here is my original hit list. knocked down almost everything right before my moved to GA this past July, now its to the tasks that are a plus.
1. Rear end separation- Completed last june. Much more difficult process than i anticipated. Used 3/4 12 ply marine plywood I don't recall the sealant i used. I thought I took more photo's but I checked my computer and I failed
2. Grey tanks and waste drain- reblumbed with updated valves(did not add grey tank) I concluded that it was not cost effective for the way i'll be using the airstream.
3. New Flooring- bathroom is white linoleum
4. Window seals and Gaskets- all done, the door is redone and still leaks- TBD
5. Paint- Interior is 80% done
6. Countertops- went w a nice laminate on 3/4 ply. pictures to follow
7. Axles (ordered, starting angle 32 Deg.) Axles installed prior to my 1900 mile trip from MN to GA, zero issues and she pulled amazing with a 13 Silverado 1500
8. Install new 45 amp converter- Installed the converter before the trip down, works great
9. Troubleshoot refrigerator- scraped the original and went with a new Domitec
10. Troubleshoot Central Control panel- worked out the wiring in the back of the panel, so far so good, totally irrelevant being in an RV park
Long term goals
1. Spit shine all 31'- started The Shining- exactly as the movie, terrifying.
2. Reface all existing veneer/laminate cabinets- decided to pain over, looks ok, unless its spray painted it doesn't look that great up close
3. Solar panels with Invert.- may scrap this idea for this trailer
4. Pex Plumbing- all new lex plumbing went in prior to reassembly of the rear end, really paid off, organized and efficient
5. Front window rock guards- to be completed
6. Fix existing awning- haven't pieced it together yet
7. New AC- original worked fine in the middle of GA summer- if any issues come around i'll buy a new one
8. Find Original Bumper- new bumper installed prior to the trip
Floor all back in with the bathroom reassembled, and painted.
New fridge (still need to fill the gap with insulation showing)
Front all put back together and painted
The Shining commences
I started on the door side, with Nuvite products and wool bonnets. Lesson learned- the heavy oxidation was too much work. It took entirely too long to do the one side. So i ordered Jestco products. I have learned my lesson. Jestco is the way to go, way more time efficient, easier to polish, and all around much better shine. I have only used the grey bar so far and its turn out amazing, i'm very excited for the pink bar then doing a trial run with the Metal Armor vs Nuvite S.
Curb side with Nuvite F9 and wool bonnet
Street side with Jestco
Door after Jestco
The front is going to need some serious TLC. I have horrible pitting. I'll post some more pictures soon
So overall its been quite the learning process, but the next project will be much easier knowing what i know now. I have made the following improvements.
New Axles (Dexter)
New LP gas regulator and lines
Electric/ Gas water heater
Fusion 30amp inlet
Progressive Dynamics 45 amp converter
Window and door seals and screens
Replaced black tank pan and replumbed with valterra
Seams sealed with Vulkem
Rear Floor with 3/4 Marine plywood
Still need to complete
Painting Interior white
Blue trim on exterior