Well, I gutted my trailer ( 1970 31' Sovereign
) to find that there was floor and frame rot in the rear end, suprise suprise!
I started to remove panels and banana wrap to remove the rotten flooring. Debating whether to do the full monte frame off or get by with just replacing the last peice of flooring.
Seems like I will have to remove all the belly wrap (I want to POR15 the frame and drop the fresh water tank) and remove half of the bottom interoir skins just to replace the rotten floor... hmmm might just do the full monte, keep finding signs of mice.......
Also started prepping the old bathroom fixtures for a coat of Interlux Brightside Polyurathane Paint. So far no surpises there. Good Rainy Day project.
Going to try welding a crack I found on the black tank. It is right where the threads stop on the tank. I have a friend who can do it, at least he says so
My end goal is the following:
1. Make structuraly sound
2. Update Converter, Water Pump, Hot Water Heater
3. Replumb with Pex
4. Recoat bathroom
5. Build 2 sets of bunks, like PizzaChop's trailer
6. Linoleom Floor
7. New Kitchen / reuse cooktop
8. U-Shaped Dinette / Convert to bed.
9. Shiney Kewl Outside
10. New Hitch and Axles
11. New Awning
12. If there is any money left a new airconditioner
Here is a link with pics of how I found her.
Here are some pics, I'll log the process here on this thread.