Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Edmond , Oklahoma
Not even a newbie yet

Hello all, I have just signed up to the forums. I am hopefully buying 1 of 3 Airstreams available in my area via craigslist this week. I intend it to be my permanent home. I have never owned a travel trailer. Never had any knowledge until a few weeks ago when I suddenly became homeless and started exploring the possibility of going from disaster to dream. I have long loved the looks of an Airstream. I even have dreams of restoring as a side hustle if possible. I am extremely creative and great with upcycling.

1 is only a few miles away, a 31' 1972 Sov. that has its kitchen and bath bits still intact but otherwise its gutted with new electric and new floors. Also the 1st thing they did was polish the trailer about 95% complete. I have seen this one.
The other two are maybe 20 miles away, both by same owner, both 1979, 1 a 29' Ambassador the other a 33' Sov. Their listed pics and descriptions are identical so I'm not sure what's what there. I am trying to see these two.

Is there a wise person that could look at the 3 craigslist offerings on craigslist and offer thoughts? I am eager, able, willing to do updates and have all skills necessary I believe. My first inclination was towards the one close that has already had some updates and is mostly gutted. Then i thought, ya learn a lot from taking something apart.

In luie of that, any advice on to look for in this searching scenario, ya know what's good and what's bad. I don't know the extent to which testing systems are acceptable. Any comments are appreciated.

I am so fearful of making the wrong choice due to my complete ignorance.
Happyjoemay is offline   Reply With Quote