I cleaned and removed items Monday night, took Tuesday night off for family stuff, and then back at it Wednesday evening.
Looking forward, I had my phone/camera basically up against the bathroom light fixture.
Somewhat unrelated, I had to go buy some DVI video cables the other day and the computer shop I stopped at had this microPC, for $200, it might be an addition I want to make for the AS.. it runs a full version of Windows10, so I could stream DishNetwork from my home DVR, watch Vudu, Amazon Prime, or Netflix by connecting it to a TV with a HDMI cable.
I pulled out the front side window curtain valances. Which highlights the color differences between the original color of the front end cap and its current (yellowed) color.
Eventually I will need to get new surrounds for the front windows.
Those windows also need to be replaced with glass some day as well, currently the PO replaced them with plexi, and then another PO put tint on them.
Making progress on the bathroom removal, the tub and shelf above it are out, the sink and upper toilet surround are out. Lots of cursing happened, and some really stank black fluid leaked from those sink and tub drains onto my hand/arm. I managed to break one drill bit and dull another.
And then presto (for you) the toilet, toilet surround, and water heater are gone!
I had also found use for my sawzall, and I cut off a lot of the black pipe, I left it long until I figure out what I'm going to do with it.
You will also see that I pulled out 95% of all copper pipe. The copper was yet another cause for swearing. Everything was solid/sweated on the fixtures, unlike a house which uses copper, then rubber line to the faucet, my Airstream was fully soldered. I cut the pipes... with a pair of vice grips; it helped with the frustration.
By this time, it was 9pm (sunset), time to put the kids to bed.
This morning, I had to clean up my mess..
I am wondering what the hole in the bottom of this picture is for. One of the previous owners had shoved it full of plastic, then duct taped it closed. Very peculiar.
The toilet ring is failed, the farthest away bolt spins in the hole and it is lifted/tilted.
The light was terrible for pictures this morning, strong sun beaming in hole that once housed the water heater.
In addition to the failed toilet ring, I also found this vent tube connection has failed on the black tank.
I also noticed, but didn't take a picture of, I have the dreaded "trailer sag" the curb side rear corner (under the tub) has a gap. I didn't have a helper, but if I did, I bet I (or they) could have slipped their hand into the gap when I stood on the rear bumper.
I think this is (sadly) the best picture for showing the affected area.
The area that was under the water heater is dry rotted
So is the area immediately inside the rear hatch door.
Under the tub is solid wood, but the floor feels like it is missing support.
This is all the plumbing; water supply, drains, and vents from inside the trailer. And the other associated bathroom parts.
For giggles, I pulled the '75 F250 crew cab up in front of the trailer so I could get a feel for how the entire package will eventually look.
On the truck so far, I have swapped the original '78 F250 rear leaf springs out in favor of some 2009 F250 leaves, and inverted the shackle at the rear, this gave me 9.5" more leaf spring length and increased my carrying capacity by almost 1000lbs, the inverted shackles should help with spring movement compared to the stock configuration. I have also swapped in a 38 gallon fuel tank to replace the original 19gallon unit. Last week I picked up a Class 5 receiver hitch, that I hope to install soon. I am a little concerned about the frame right height disparity, the truck is so high compared to the trailer tongue.
When I order new axles, I am going to specify the 32° down angle, I am also going to be ordering a set of the Torflex Lift Kit - Dexter Axle
which the claim is good for 2.875" of lift.
And I will be ordering larger tires/rims. I need to do more reading on the tires and rims, it seems that people have been liking the Michelan 225/75R16 (29.5" tall) and others like the 235/85R16 (31.5" tall)
It happens that the truck is currently running the 235/85LT16 Load range E tires on it already. It is also possible to order the new axles with the same bolt pattern as the truck (8 on 6.5"). I need to do some reading about using standard rims on a trailer (recommended rim dimensions) because it would be very cool if I could run the same tire/wheel on both AS and TV.
I am going to venture a guess right here.
With new stock axles I should gain about 1.5"
With upgraded tires, I should gain 1"
With the Dexter lift, they are claiming almost 3"
I'll measure clearance now, and I'm going to estimate 5.5" of lift by the time those three upgrades are complete.
That should get the frames closer to being parallel, and should reduce my chances of dragging the rear bumper.
I'm hoping to get the trailer weighed, the whole thing and also figure out the empty/dry tongue weight today or tomorrow. I called a local feed elevator and they leave their scale (for grain trucks) on 24/7 and it has digital readout.
This is the second trailer load of AS furniture and walls that I've hauled out of the trailer.