Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
1973 29' Ambassador
1978 31' Sovereign
Palm Desert , California
Boondocker Q:

Anyone hooked up a Boondocker/fuse panel in place of the Univolt? I can't figure out where to hook up the blue wire from the Univolt.

According to the 1972 service manual it goes to the control center, stereo and then to the tow vehicle and is called circuit number 5. I did that and blew the 20 amp fuse. I've seen on this forum some people say to hook it up to the negative and some people say hook it up to the positive.

I'd love to get some power to this control center.

Thanks
CaCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
1973 29' Ambassador
1978 31' Sovereign
Palm Desert , California
So the blue wire is circuit #5 in the '72 schematic and is fused at the panel. Somewhere on the forum it was said to put the blue wire on the + terminal and another thread said to put it on the - terminal. The blue wire powers the ceiling fan(s) stereo, Central Control and charging from the tow vehicle.

In another thread I mentioned blowing a fuse on the Control Center. It turns out I think it was blowing fuses because a broken diode on the circuit board. Now I need to find out where to get that fixed.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
Fort Worth , Texas
Did you figure this out yet?
SarahCaravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
1973 29' Ambassador
1978 31' Sovereign
Palm Desert , California
My Control Center did have a shorted diode and a shorted capacitor. Those were changed but I still can't get power to the CC. There must be something else wrong with the circuit board.

I hooked up the blue wire to a + fuse circuit and so far it seems ok but I haven't hooked the trailer to a battery or tow vehicle.