RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
 
1972 31' Sovereign
Encino , California
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10
Images: 5
Question 1972 Sovereign sleeping arrangements

Hello.

Most of the photos I've seen of other 72s look virtually identical to mine. The one odd thing about mine is that there's only one single bed (on the door side.) Across are drawers and a sort of working/writing top with closets on each side. They are factory made as they match the other closets exactly. Does anybody know anything about this model? One would think such a big trailer would have two single beds besides the pull-out couch...

Thanks!
streamdreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
overlander63's Avatar
 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamdreame View Post
Hello.

Most of the photos I've seen of other 72s look virtually identical to mine. The one odd thing about mine is that there's only one single bed (on the door side.) Across are drawers and a sort of working/writing top with closets on each side. They are factory made as they match the other closets exactly. Does anybody know anything about this model? One would think such a big trailer would have two single beds besides the pull-out couch...

Thanks!
The one bed in the middle of the trailer is a double bed, sleeps two when pulled out.
__________________
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
Site Team
 
Aage's Avatar
 
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,219
Images: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
The one bed in the middle of the trailer is a double bed, sleeps two when pulled out.
IIRC, that "double" bed is 48"W, so the "two" that fit in there had better be r-e-a-l-l-y good friends...

OTOH, it would be real nice to have all that storage space, plus there's a nice space for a TV there, just in front of the window.
__________________
“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
...John Wayne...........................
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
 
SaabLover's Avatar
 
1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 418
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
IIRC, that "double" bed is 48"W, so the "two" that fit in there had better be r-e-a-l-l-y good friends...

OTOH, it would be real nice to have all that storage space, plus there's a nice space for a TV there, just in front of the window.
That's what spooning was invented for. Less room for conversation.

I have a similar lay out, but with a double closet to the rear and a dresser under the window.
__________________
1999 Chevy Suburban 7.4LT "Tugger" Last of the big boys! Still going strong. 1992 Saab 900s Convertible 60K miles Not my TV
Almost always sunny here unless there is a hurricane bearing down on you. And then it's time to hook up the burb and roll. So far I've been very lucky.
SaabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member
 
1972 31' Sovereign
Encino , California
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10
Images: 5
Thanks!

Thank you all for your response. I thought I was the only one with such a sleeping arrangement. I think somebody must have ripped off the double bed because there is just a mattress for a single bed. I'll check and see if there's a mechanism below it that turns the thing into a double. It would be nice to have enough room for two to spoon...
streamdreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
Lumatic's Avatar
 
1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,587
Images: 16
Blog Entries: 1
I have the same set up in my 71 Tradewind
__________________
Sail on silver girl. Sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1972, bedding, beds, sovereign


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Infants and Airstreams: sleeping arrangements KIMILI On The Road... 27 08-27-2008 08:22 AM
New to the club - 1972 Sovereign Maryw164 Member Introductions 5 05-19-2008 11:10 AM
1972 Sovereign 31ft help! cdbeez 1970 - 1973 Sovereign 36 07-12-2006 09:55 PM
Floor repair 1972 Sovereign merle Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame 2 01-25-2006 12:37 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.