Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2002, 11:52 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1998 Excella 30' Owner

New to forums etc.

I purchased a 1998 Excella 30' Airstream this past summer and I'm still getting used to it. The unit was basically never used so I am experiencing a few problems but I should be able to get all worked out over a period of time.

We plan on traveling during the winter months out west and the south. Our home port is or will be Dalton, NH.

Have a 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4 XLT with Diesel for towing.
daltondbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 01:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Smile Welcome!

This is an excellent forum for any and all of your Airstream and travel questions. So please feel free to ask any and all!!!

We all learn from each other!

Good luck w/ your new to you A/S- John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 02:54 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
Doug & Sue,

I looked up Dalton on the Map, sure is pretty country up there. We also have a 30', we keep it in Bedford. We're not ready to head south for the winter. Have a 16 year old son that needs to leave the nest first.

We do go fly fishing in Pittsburgh every year on the Father's day weekend. We'll be camped at Lake Francis State Park. Great place for an Airstream.

We've had our AS for a couple of years now and have over 15,000 miles on it. AS's are meant for the road. Good luck on your new purchase.

Mark
Old 12-29-2002, 01:41 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Thanks Mark, I hope to sell our Winter Springs, FL house, quit my temporary job and get back to NH to finish our house. We will live in th AS while finishing our house on the mountain. Our kids are grown and I actually retired 1 1/2 years ago but started back to work to replenish what our Uncle Dow had taken!

Take a look at our gallery someplace on this site. Posted pictures of our AS.

Doug
Old 12-29-2002, 01:48 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Nice Trailer!

Doug,

Nice trailer! You got to love that full-size bed too! I'm at Wekiva Falls Resort off of SR46 until the end of Feb and if you ever need anything, feel free to call on me!

John
Old 12-29-2002, 01:56 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

John,

We are not far away and I appreciate the offer. Back to the grindstone tomorrow. I really need to do something about this working thing.... back to work for 3 weeks and I hate it.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:06 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
Doug & Sue,

Your trailer looks exactly like mine. Nice pictures, someday I'll post some of mine. Actually I'm jealous because you have wood floors through out. We have a light brown carpet and every drop of whatever shows and it's impossible to clean. Someday, I'll take out the carpet and put in wood.

When are you coming to NH?

Mark
Old 01-11-2003, 06:23 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Changing over to wood floors is a very simple thing to do and it is not expensive. It just takes a little time and effort.

Would like to be in New Hampshire as soon as we can but it looks like May before we will make it. Might fly up for a weekend to see how the house building is going. My builder sends pictures but it just isn't the same as seeing for yourself.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:57 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1998 30' Excella 1000
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via AIM to JeffandSuzanne
We love our 30 ft. 1998 Excella 1000. Just returned from a long weekend at Dinosaur State Park near Glen Rose, Texas. In two years, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" and I plan to full-time in our Airstream! We love the cozyness of our layout; after all, our living room is whatever is outside the door! We spent an enjoyable 32 days last summer traveling throughout East and Central Texas and parts of the Texas Gulf Coast, staying exclusively in State Parks. We highly recommend these inexpensive and enjoyable places to stay, although the downside might be that several Texas State Parks don't have sewer hookups at the individual sites. But with the the use of a Tote Tank for dumping gray water, the two of us have no problem camping for three or four days before the black water tank demands attention.

We bought our Excella a year ago as a result of seeing it on RVsearch.com. It came with a Hensley Arrow hitch, Select Comfort bed, and virtually every accessory needed, including a coffee maker and dishes! Admittedly, we were very lucky to find such a good deal on the first try! anyhow, glad to see other '98's on the forum. See ya on the road. . .
Jeff and Suzanne
Old 01-24-2003, 08:58 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to cljackson Send a message via Yahoo to cljackson
Looking for an Airstream...

Hey Jeff & Suzanne,

Where is Bedford, Texas? We live in Montgomery, Texas and are currently searching for our first Airstream. We are in the final negotiations for a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 diesel pick-up, and if all goes well, we will probably take delivery of it next week. How do you like your Chevy? We've always owned Fords or Dodges (have an Expedition and a Ram 1500 now), and the new diesel Dodge introduced this year is supposed to be much quieter.

Since we've never owned a 3/4 ton truck before, nor have we pulled a trailer (our previous RVs have all had engines of their own), all we could do was research and compare features and prices, but the Dodge seems to come out on top in all the things that matter most to us.

Sounds like ya'll are having a great time with your Airstream. By any chance will you be going to the Airstream rally that's in Austin this weekend? We're going to drive over tomorrow, so if you're there look us up. We will be "trailer-less" and driving a black Ford Expedition.

If you ever get over to our part of Texas, be sure and give us a shout. We live in Del Lago, which is on Lake Conroe, and there's some good fishing here!!!

Carl & Cheryl
cljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 06:11 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Carl & Cheryl,

If you guys would like to see what an A/S looks like when the front sofa/sleeper is removed, come on by March 8th and I'll be happy to show you how it looks.

John
Old 01-30-2003, 10:35 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1998 30' Excella 1000
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via AIM to JeffandSuzanne
Didn't mean to disappear!!

Hi Carl & Cheryl. . .sorry for the long absence. Suzanne & I are local actors and Dallas Stars fans, and have been spending most evenings either auditioning or crashed in front of the TV watching hockey! Bedford is in between Fort Worth & Dallas, near DFW Airport. . .I'll put the rest in an e-mail. See ya.

« - | Top | 2000 Excella 1000 »