Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella > 1984 -1986 Excella
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2017, 05:09 PM   #221
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Just read the updates. And then went back and re-read the whole thing! A real favorite I've recommended to others. "Gee, aren't those Airstreams kind of small?" Ha!
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:14 AM   #222
4 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mount Angel , Oregon
Family Heirloom

I can't believe you are selling such a treasure! We passed ours along to our children, who are now making their own family memories.
What is your next trailer / project? I guess I've enjoyed your journey so much that I want to know more.
The best to you always! Such a wonderful family on great life adventures!

Susan
duncans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:29 AM   #223
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Aumsville , Oregon
I just read this whole thread tonight, fantastic work! We're starting to dig into our sovereign project, and will be giving since inspiration here. Now I've got to track down a post containing these triple bunks you mentioned!
pvfjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:41 PM   #224
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
We know a family who is considering an Airstream - two adults and two children. I think some of the modifications in this thread will be helpful for them to understand if a twin bed model can be conveniently converted to a bunk bed unit.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:45 PM   #225
2 Rivet Member

1963 30' Sovereign
Alden , MI
I loved this post. We are long time camper renovators. We started with an old popup, rehabbed and sold that, got an old 70s TT that was sold for parts and had mouse Woodstock and rot in it, rehabbed and sold that one, got a newer TT that had a tree fall on it and had a big hole in one corner, rehabbed and sold that one and got our newer 30' TT that we are working on now. I just replaced all of our plumbing in pex. We have basically worked our way up the food chain with sweat equity. We have decided our next (and hopefully last!) project is going to be an Airstream that we do a frame up redo on and make it exactly how we want.

We have 8 kids, from 27yo down to 5yo. The oldest 3 are in their 20s and have flown the coop, so we really only have to account for 5 kids, and the reality is that my 16yo and 18yo probably wont camp with us most of the time, but I hope to take grandkids camping in the future. The camper layouts that we like have a front queen parent bedroom, a rear quad bunkroom and a side bath. The ones I have seen (though they often have slides) have a jackknife couch and a dinette. I really like your gaucho and folding table solution.

What I'm wondering about is your front parent bed. The things I don't like is the lack of walls for privacy (as thin as they are) and the inboard person having a hard time getting out of bed when sleeping. (I've had 8 babies, mama's gotta go to the bathroom in the middle of the night!) So I guess my question for you (since you chose this) is how this is in practice? Is this not as big of a deal as I think?

I love it! Do you have a link to your old camper rehab?
wagvan is offline   Reply With Quote