Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1959 26' Overlander
Westminster , Colorado
Window Replacement Questions

I broke a window getting the ceiling out. I have glass for the window, and was following a blog post on how they replaced the glass. They removed the frame from the hinge to put the glass in. Is this necessary? My frame is not coming out of the hinge very easily (I have a '59 Overlander), and I can imagine that the glass might break again, trying to get it back in. All that being said, can the glass be replaced without taking the frame out?

Also, this frame (that opens) appears to not sit inside the frame attached to the trailer (if that makes the least bit of sense). I thought it happened when I was removing the ceiling, but it appears to have been this way for a while. Is there a way to get the frame to fit?? Obviously water leaking is a concern.

Thanks!
Rachael
painterfam is offline   Reply With Quote