Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Victoria , British Columbia
Trout window guards

I opened the front window guards to clean the windows and cannot get the drivers side guard to align with the screw holes. It closes fine , but the screw holes in the bracket fall short of the holes in the trailer body beside the glass. Any thoughts?
This should have been a very simple job, but dear Lord, why me!!!!😉
Camr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 20' Basecamp
1968 17' Caravel
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camr View Post
I opened the front window guards to clean the windows and cannot get the drivers side guard to align with the screw holes. It closes fine , but the screw holes in the bracket fall short of the holes in the trailer body beside the glass. Any thoughts?
This should have been a very simple job, but dear Lord, why me!!!!😉
I've always noticed that the side rock guards take a bit of jockeying and that the locking screws are on a quarter turn cam system. I's one of those Airstream things that you'll get with a little practice.
SilverWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 27' International
Sherwood Park , Alberta
You need to firmly take hold of the centre of the guard frame and the outer edge and place enough opposing pressure as to "straighten" the curve of the guard to the point that it lines up. They are finicky and it takes a bit of practice.
thewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:26 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Realigning window guards

To make it a bit easier to re install the 1/4 turn screw that secures the guard once you have wrestled it back into position, take a razor knife and trim about 3/32" of the face of the black rubber bumper. Makes it a bunch easier to push in on screw and get it to latch with 1/4 turn. That fix came straight from the Technician at Jackson Center. I was having a devil of a time pushing in and turning at same time. He said he trims them all the time. After this fix, easy to secure. You still have to wrestle a bit to align, but then all is good. Hope this tip helps.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Victoria , British Columbia
Thanks so much for all the suggestions. This forum is the BEST!
Camr is offline   Reply With Quote