Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2021, 10:12 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Happy Town , California
exterior entry door hits frame

Hello -- I can't seem to find a match for this problem in other threads. My entry door is sagging at the bottom such that the bottom corner, latch-side, comes into contact with the outer edge of the trailer. Therefore it won't fully fit into the opening.

I've tried to square it up by loosening the hinges and lifting up on the door while also putting pressure toward the top hinge. This helped a little but it still comes into contact at the bottom, so it's not a sufficient fix.

A related problem, or perhaps the cause, is that the door itself is bent (to such an extent that when it is closed, I can stick my fingers out the top corner). I've read a lot about that issue here so not asking for particulars about solving that problem -- unless that's the solution to my sagging door as well. But my main concern at present is just getting it to close fully, so I wanted to see if there was a common solution that I'm missing to lifting up the door a little bit.

Thanks for the feedback!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer door.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	401846  
Jean Lebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Battle Ground , Washington
Do you know how the damaged occurred that has the door top misaligned. That is probably the root cause of the sage you see at the bottom. Photos of the whole door open and closed would help.

Our thread:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f97...er-172124.html
57Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote