Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2021, 10:50 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
Newport Beach , California
2021 Classic Electric Window Shades Reset

We purchased a 2021 Classic 33', with electric Night and Day shades. One day as we pushed the button on the CZONE central panel, the night shades began closing but touched the small plastic knobs that are located on the window levers used to manually open the windows. This must have triggered an electronic limit because the shades suddenly stopped mid-way through the cycle.

I have read several posts in the forums but I have not found a fix. The responses have been, "Take the trailer into the shop." I would guess that the dealer will have to electronically reset the limit travel for the shades.

As many full time travelers know, this is not an easy task. To drop your home off for a week or two can be a pain. I am still searching the internet for a fix but if anyone has suggestions, I would love to hear them. By the way, I have since removed all of the plastic knobs to the window levers, to prevent other shades from doing the same thing. Removing the press on plastic knobs does not effect manually opening the windows and may not look as clean, but at least I know the shades will not touch the knobs when the shades are closing.
Classic Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:10 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
Have you tried AS tech support number? I had an issue with the locator on the Smart app. I searched for a solution online for two days - then called AS Support and they reset it in five mins. Worth calling them to see what they say. (877) 596-6111
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:16 PM   #3
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
I don’t have it handy but AS support can send you instructions on how to ‘reset’ the shades.basically a two person job. One to control the shade control on the CZONE and the other to do the reset work of popping loose the bottom hold down bar for the shade and manipulating the bottom shade bar. Do one shade at a time.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
DESERT HOT SPRINGS , California
That technique of loosening the lower bar to help reset the shades works well.

However for some inexplicable reason, today our dinette's power night shade won't move at all. You can hear the motor run but nothing is happening. The day shade in same window operates fine.

It's unfortunate that a trailer less than 6 months old, operational for 3 months already has power shade failure. They are convenient but thinking maybe we should replace with manual blinds like the ones in the bedroom.
tymcknobel is offline   Reply With Quote